PDA

View Full Version : SawStop assembly question

Rick Prosser
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I just finished assembly of my Sawstop, and I am wondering if I should have a "finish" piece for the left side edge of the top. The right side has the extension table, but I don't see any reference to a part to cover the left edge.

I don't see anything in the manual, but before I call Sawstop to ask, I figured someone here would know.

Also, When I bolted up the cast iron extensions, they seem to be very flat with the straight edge, but I can still feel a bit of the line here and there - where the extensions mate to the top. Is that normal, or should I be able to adjust to the point of not feeling the connection at all?

Brian Penning
03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
There's no edge.

Should feel practically nothing IMO -might get a better mating feel using a rubber hammer.

Mike Henderson
03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Good idea for supporting the wing when bolting it on. I wasn't that smart.

Mike

JohnT Fitzgerald
03-02-2010, 10:41 AM
There's no edge.

Should feel practically nothing IMO -might get a better mating feel using a rubber hammer.

+1

Nothing on the left side, but there are bolt holes so you could always add something yourself.

You should not really be able to feel the seam. Maybe you'll catch your finger nail on it if you try, but with a straightedge and feeler gauges it should be totally even.