PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop & Bench Dog Extension Table

Richard Gibson
03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Has anyone put a Bench Dog ProMAX Cast Router Table Extension for Table Saws (40-102) from Rockler on their Sawstop PCS TS? How well does it fit and does it work well? Since Quality Grinding is not making them any longer, I'm looking for a router extension for my Sawstop.

Jim Becker
03-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Something is sticking in the back of my mind that the Sawstop table is sized differently from many of the other cabinet saws...you'll want to check the dimensions, accordingly. The BenchDog wing also may be a problem if your saw is left-tilt and there is a motor cover on the left side of the cabinet.

That said, I used the BenchDog cast iron setup for my router solution mated to my MiniMax slider. I love the setup, including the BenchDog lift. (Mine is from the generation where the inserts were also metal.

Richard Gibson
03-02-2010, 9:19 AM
Thanks for the info Jim. The PCS is 27" deep which is the same as the Bench Dog. (The SS Industrial model is 30") so that should be OK and the tilt is no problem. Rockler just sent me a tech sheet showing the holes so I'm going to check to see if it lines up. Sure hope so.

Robert Chapman
03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
If the holes don't line up just drill new ones. Cast iron is very easy to drill with the right bit.

Mike Heidrick
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I use the black oxide bits from a $20 set of Dewalt bits and it drills CI perfectly. So I also agree, drill the CI if you have too.