PDA

View Full Version : Bessey Score

Steve Roxberg
03-01-2010, 9:26 PM
Saw an ad on Craigslist today with a lot of stationary power tools so I ran by.

Someone scored a thiry year old Delta 8" Jointer for $250 which I didn't need so I wasn't upset.

He also had a old Unisaw the one with the egg shaped motor cover. It was missing the motor cover and it was missing the dust collector door. It also had the original fence on it with round tubes so not a good fence. It wasn't in very bad shape. He was asking $750 which I thought was too high so I let it pass.

But, I did ask about clamps and he let me take all ten of his Bessey's for $160 dollars. I got two 24", four 30", and two 40" clamps.

I thought that was a nice score for the day, now I need to expand the clamp rack.

Kansas City woodworkers should check out his ad, he had lots for sale. A Leigh D4 for $150 looked like a deal with two router bits but I already had one.

Paul Ryan
03-01-2010, 9:52 PM
What size were the other 2 bessy clamps?

Steve Roxberg
03-01-2010, 9:57 PM
Ahh, you caught me. I got six of the 30"'s.

Logan William
03-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice score! I'm in SW Iowa about 2 and a quarter hours from that guy and called about the jointer but it was already gone....had it still been available I would've been seeing if he could hold it for a couple hours as I'd have been on the way. Once I got there I would've bought all his bessey's at that price as well. Oh well I've got enough other projects going right now that don't require spending additional money.

Steve Roxberg
03-01-2010, 11:05 PM
In the future if you need some eyes on the ground or someone to stop by and make sure they hold something if it's close buy I can help you out.

The best part is this guy lived about five blocks away from me. It only took about fifteen minutes to pick them up.

Don Jarvie
03-03-2010, 4:24 PM
Great score

I was cleaning and waxing my clamps and 15 years ago I paid 40 a piece for the 40 inch ones.

Terry Hatfield
03-04-2010, 9:02 AM
$10 Bessey's?????....you should be ashamed of yourself. :D Nice score.

t

Chris Padilla
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Terry,

You had a buncha freebies at one time but then like the nice (dumb) guy you are, you handed them all out! ;) haha

Mike Cruz
03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Very nice. There is a guy selling his for $30 and $20 each here. Not nearly as good as your deal.

Terry Hatfield
03-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Terry,

You had a buncha freebies at one time but then like the nice (dumb) guy you are, you handed them all out! ;) haha

Hmmmmmmm...prolly would have caused a riot if I'da tried to keep those. :D