PDA

View Full Version : Getting Music on Iphone.

Craig D Peltier
03-01-2010, 2:38 PM
I have Itunes on my PC an hooked my iphone to it and synced it but no music was added. I clicked on Ipod on I phone an it says " You can download music from I tunes" and thats all it says.
So cant I just load songs on from my pc that arent from Itunes?

Thanks from the sometimes technically challenged.

Eric DeSilva
03-01-2010, 3:41 PM
I have Itunes on my PC an hooked my iphone to it and synced it but no music was added. I clicked on Ipod on I phone an it says " You can download music from I tunes" and thats all it says.
So cant I just load songs on from my pc that arent from Itunes?

Thanks from the sometimes technically challenged.

I think there is something in the setting that you have to check to synchronize the music.

I actually don't like them sync'd, because I have waaay too much digital music to fit on my phone. I just select the tunes i want and drag them onto the phone icon on the left part of the iTunes window. Give that a whirl.

Craig D Peltier
03-01-2010, 3:47 PM
IM trying it this way now. I guess you have to have them in a playlist. You cant just copy them over from the music playlist.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/copy_itunes_music_onto_apple_iphone.html

Thanks

Eric DeSilva
03-01-2010, 4:15 PM
IM trying it this way now. I guess you have to have them in a playlist. You cant just copy them over from the music playlist.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/copy_itunes_music_onto_apple_iphone.html

Thanks

Look at the last two screens there--you don't *have* to use a playlist... If you connect your iPhone/iPod, you get the second to last screen. I'm guessing that if you click on the "music" tab, you somehow don't have "sync music" selected or something.

That said, using a playlist isn't a bad idea if your music library is large. It allows you to manage the playlist without your phone connected...

Jim Becker
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Check your sync settings...the most recent version of iTunes sometimes doesn't have things turned on "properly"; at least that was the case when I loaded Win7 on this machine and reinstalled iTunes from the latest download.

If the music you want wasn't purchased from iTunes, you'll need to import it into iTunes before you can sync it to your device(s). That can be either/both from music already on your harddrive or music you have on CDs.