PDA

View Full Version : Please help me install the Blackline Action

Dee Gallo
03-01-2010, 1:12 PM
I bought the Blackline Action and got it in a day - good service so far! However, I am unable to get it into my PhotoShop program (I got the Mac version). I wrote to Steve right away (2/26) but have not heard back from him so I'm asking if anyone here knows how I install it.

Here are his instructions:

Choose Load Actions from the Actions palette menu. Locate and select "Steve Yates Graphics - Blackline.atn", and then click Load.

I have CS3 but I do not have an "actions palette menu". There must be another way, since I have the Gold Method on there...but how I did that I don't know now. I'd really like to give this action a try - please help!

Thanks very much, dee

Dan Hintz
03-01-2010, 2:14 PM
Dee,

Wasn't the Gold Method function "installed" simply by placing it into the action scripts folder? On bootup, I believe PS, Corel, etc. looks through those folders and install any add-ins they see there.

Scott Shepherd
03-01-2010, 3:07 PM
Dee, a search on it says you can just drag and drop the action file onto the open photoshop window. I don't know if it works or not, I've not installed an action in Photoshop before, but thought I'd mention it.

Dee Gallo
03-01-2010, 3:49 PM
Thanks guys - I'll try your suggestions, let's hope it's that easy!

Wish me luck, dee

OKAY! Nope, you can't just drag and drop onto an open window. Too easy. Yes, you do have an action menu which is a teeny tiny little right facing arrow which I could BARELY see when I was looking for it on the top right corner of the dropdown for actions. Looks like a 1/2 point dot to me. In there, I found LOAD. Thank you very much!

Now, on to the real fun of trying out this action.

Thanks, dee

Jeff Belany
03-01-2010, 4:42 PM
I don't have Blackline but another of Steve Yates actions. Here are the instructions to load:

Installation and use is simple.

To install:

Copy the "Photo to Drawing.atn" file from this CD to a place on your hard drive. Remember where it's at because you're going to be "loading" it from that hard drive location.

From the "Actions" Palatte:

Choose Load Actions from the Actions palette menu. Locate and select "Steve Yates Graphics - Photo to Drawing.atn", and then click Load. Look at the How-to-Load.jpg in this folder for a graphic illustration.

Open the file.

To play the action, just click on the Blue Button labeled "Photo to Drawing BW" for Black and White, or "Photo to Drawing Clr" for Color.

That's it!

Thanks again and if you have any questions or if I can help somehow please contact me at info@steveyatesgraphics.com

Steve Yates

PS More Photosop, Illustrator and CorelDRAW automation coming! Check out www.steveyatesgraphics.com

Licensing Info:

Photo to Drawing is licensed software. You are granted one (1) license to use this software for the purpose of prepairing images for personal use or for sale.You may copy Photo to Drawing to one (1) other computer only (ie. notebook computer) for the convenience to the licensee for his/her use only.

Martin Boekers
03-01-2010, 8:54 PM
Dee,

If you have it saved to your desktop;

Open the applications folder on your hard drive

Open the Photoshop folder,

Open the presets folder

It should have an Photoshop actions folder there, just drag and drop it in that folder.

That should do it.

Hope this helps.

Marty

Dee Gallo
03-01-2010, 9:12 PM
Thanks, Jeff, I had the instructions, I just could not find the actions palette but I did eventually find it.

Thanks, Martin, that was good! It will come in handy if I eveer get another one to install.

I've tried a few photos and they do work well if you prepare the photo with high contrast in greyscale first.

cheers, dee

Frank Corker
03-02-2010, 4:27 AM
Well I for one, look forward to seeing what you can make it do Dee.

Roy Nicholson
03-04-2010, 2:33 AM
Dee

It took Steve a couple fo days to gvet back to me when I bought it for Corel Draw.

Happy with it so far... now just need some work for it.

Regards

Roy N.