PDA

View Full Version : Coaster Source

Debbie Coller
03-01-2010, 1:04 PM
I need a source for coasters. Was thinking of cork or leather. Needs to be inexpensive - for give aways. Probably 50 or less.
Thanks!

Martin Boekers
03-01-2010, 9:09 PM
I hate to say it I get mine from Hobby Lobby, Cork comes 6 to a pack for about $2.75. Haven't been able to find a wholesaler cheaper.

Leather what I would do is go to a local leather shop if you have one close. Usually they have remnants that they sell cheap. You can raster and vector cut them. By doing this they can be any size or shape.

Marty

Viktor Voroncov
03-02-2010, 3:20 AM
Here in Europe we have cork sheets (usualli in big DIY shops). They are usually 12"x24" sized and cost is about $10.Their application is wall decoration. We just buy few sheets and cut/engrave this for coasters.

Frank Corker
03-02-2010, 4:54 AM
Natural cork is easy to cut and great to engrave. I find the stuff they make those tiles you mentioned, are not ideal, because they are cork chips laced together with lashings of glue/resin. I have seldom found them fun to cut or engrave, even though you can, personally I would prefer to stick pins in my arm (substituted word at the end)