PDA

View Full Version : Gripper Advise

Ed Hardin
11-01-2004, 9:56 AM
I won't get into my stupid move, by using the gripper to make a rip cut on a long board. As it turned out it was narrow and to long anyway the saw blade grabbed, it flew, the saw blade chewed up the gripper. Now, I took a long break, grabbed a smoke, got up and ordered a new gripper to replace the one chewed up and another for long cuts. I'm typing with ten fingers so that ought to tell you something.

Now I know about the proabition in naming products but it seems to me if there is something That really did save fingers, its worth a heads up.

Kent Cori
11-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Ed,

Thanks for sharing your experience. IMHO, anything that keeps us from serious injury is well worth the money and telling to the rest of the folks here.

David Tang
11-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I love the gripper. It saves setup time of traditional fingerboards.

Steve Jenkins
11-01-2004, 12:48 PM

Now I know about the proabition in naming products but it seems to me if there is something That really did save fingers, its worth a heads up.

Ed, there is no problem with mentioning brand names. In fact if brand names aren't used we would have no idea what anyone was talking about a good part of the time.
That was a good warning by the way.