PDA

View Full Version : best miter gauge

Barry wines
02-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I am about to buy an aftermarket miter gauge and I would like to hear from those of you that own either the Incra 3000se or the Jessem miter-slide-XL. What are your evaluations and thoughts. Thanks Barry

John Terefenko
02-28-2010, 3:39 PM
I am about to buy an aftermarket miter gauge and I would like to hear from those of you that own either the Incra 3000se or the Jessem miter-slide-XL. What are your evaluations and thoughts. Thanks Barry

Barry

I see there are no responses here and I think because this question is overdone already. First off there is no best tool ever made on the market in any catagory. Just not possible. Now there are all tools that different people like for different reasons. Not everyone like the same tool and you will read this with the miter gauges. Click on the search box and type in miter guage and watch the ton of posts come up on this topic. Want to narrow it a bit type in the brand and number you are interested in and that will take the search down abit. Please do not take this as a negative post just last week this question was asked. I think if you check some back post recently you will find it. Good luck in your search for the best miter gauge.

mike holden
02-28-2010, 3:45 PM
Barry,
FWIW, I had an incra, got tired of the flex in it and bought the Jess-Em, have not regretted it once.
YMMV,
Mike

David G Baker
02-28-2010, 4:18 PM
I am very happy with my Kreg miter gage.

Chris Kennedy
02-28-2010, 5:05 PM
I have the Jess-Em Mite-r-Excel and I would never look back. It is awesome, amazingly accurate, and I love it's repeatability. I have no experience of the Incra.

Cheers,

Chris

Chip Lindley
02-28-2010, 5:06 PM
I've owned neither. But the JDS Accu Miter that the seller threw in with my PM66 is a real nice miter gauge! Heavy and Accurate!

Jeremy Killingbeck
02-28-2010, 6:44 PM
I have the Incra 1000HD with the Incra Miter express. I have so far been happy with both. I got the miter gauge on sale at Rockler for $99, so it was well worth it.

Gary Muto
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I have an Incra 1000se an like it very much. It's repeatable and I've never noticed any flex. I haven't used the Jessem but it looks heavy duty

Norman Pyles
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I have an Incra, but would say pick a color and you will probably be happy with any of them.