PDA

View Full Version : PC 310 score.....

Larry Edgerton
02-28-2010, 6:54 AM
I found a pair of Porter Cable 310 trimmers yesterday, both in nice clean condition, no bad noises, and one with a Betterly splicing attachment. I already had one of the splicers, but a guy can never have too many tools.

I got both for a C-note.:)

glenn bradley
02-28-2010, 9:37 AM
Well done. Good gloat.

Peter Quinn
02-28-2010, 9:51 AM
Sweet deal Larry. I love the little R2's (as in R2D2). A guy offered me one in near new condition for a c-note, but I was as broke as he was at the time, and he came to his senses before I came to the money. Your sure right, you can never have to many. A 6-pack would be nice on some jobs!:D

Good for you on that score.

Larry Edgerton
03-01-2010, 6:48 AM
Your sure right, you can never have to many. A 6-pack would be nice on some jobs!:D

That pair brings me up to 6 Peter. Do you have one? I'll give you the slicer.

Chip Lindley
03-01-2010, 2:38 PM
WTG Larry! 310s are wayy cool! One of the few tools I bought NEW, 20 years ago! Still going strong!

Peter Quinn
03-01-2010, 8:38 PM
That pair brings me up to 6 Peter. Do you have one? I'll give you the slicer.

Sadly I do not have one Larry, but my boss has several that I use regularly. I'm using a bosch colt for monetary reasons. The six pack idea is perfect. I'd like one with a 1/8" spiral carbide flush trimmer, one with a hinge mortising bit, one with a 1/16" round over, one with a 1/8" round over, one with a small top bearing pattern bit, one with a chamfer, one with a beading bit, one with a ...hey, maybe 6 isn't enough?:cool: I can tell you three sure isn't, because I've had that many tied up at work, and then somebody else comes around asking "Have you seen the R2's?" And I say "No, not lately" as I push them further under my bench and lean in to hide their view. Nice to be able to set em and forget em.