PDA

View Full Version : New toys coming

Karl Card
02-27-2010, 8:19 PM
Well I picked up my new wood river 8 pc turning set on friday and wow i am so proud of it. Yes i know there are more expensive sets but I was very pleased to call these mine. While there at the Woodcraft store the ast mgr and I got into a discussion of drum sanders and by what I heard on smc and him I have committed my funds to a new jet 22/44 enclosed base drum sander. Not a bad price either 1300 dollars plus tax. I had noted on here before about the grizzly and well it came down to this: 22/44 vs. 18/36, 1 year warranty vs. 5 year warranty and wow that jet looks almost to good to use... but that wont stop me. Plus I really wanted a new TS but I just bought some new toys for my bt3100 and am going to live with it for awhile so that gave me more money to put into the drum sander. I am just waiting for funds to clear and this baby is mine... I gotta post some pics soon so you guys wont think I am just dreaming... no pics/didnt happen right...lol

Van Huskey
02-27-2010, 8:24 PM
I have committed my funds to a new jet 22/44 enclosed base drum sander. Not a bad price either 1300 dollars plus tax. I had noted on here before about the grizzly and well it came down to this: 22/44 vs. 18/36, 1 year warranty vs. 5 year warranty and wow that jet looks almost to good to use... but that wont stop me. lol

$1300 is a good price on the 22/44 with enclosed base, I am looking at ~1400 shipped (no tax) so we are in the same ballpark and thats the cheapest I have been able to find it. Rest assured the 22/44 is a lot better (and bigger) sander than the Delta and Grizzly clone. If anyone is looking at the 18/36 consider the Delta instead of the Griz since it can be had shipped for about $20 more and has some improvements plus a 5 year warranty.