PDA

View Full Version : Nova titan chuck

Chris Haas
02-27-2010, 3:30 PM
why cant i find the nova titan chuck anywhere? is it out of production? does anyone have this chuck? how much sturdier is it than the sn2? thanks guys. Chris

Allen Neighbors
02-27-2010, 10:06 PM
I have two SN2s and the Titan. It is a 5" chuck, and is much sturdier than the SN2. I love it for turning large bowls, or when turning a long, tall, hollowform, because of the grip of the Titan Power Grip Jaws.
I think you can get one from Tim Geist. He is the US Teknatool Rep. His telephone number is 304-295-8166. If you call the listed 800 number, you'll get someone in New Zealand, and they'll have you on hold for a while, then they'll cut you off, while you're waiting... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Tim's a good guy, gives excellent service, and is way too busy to answer emails.
Hope this helps.

neil mackay
02-28-2010, 5:19 AM
Chris as far as I know the Titan is no longer in production and I have just checked the NZ website and yep its out of production
Hopefully you can find some old stock some where.

http://www.teknatool.com/products/Alternative_Product%20Main%20Page.htm#Chuck

Bill Blasic
02-28-2010, 9:50 AM
I think that the Titan might be reintroduced in the future. Teknatool has some new releases coming out.
Bill

Jeremy Tomlinson
03-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I have had a Titan but I favor a Oneway Stronghold. IMO a much more robust chuck. The slides for example are almost double the size of the Titan slides.

Ralph Lindberg
03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I have heard that Teknatool is re-designing the Titan and will release a new version in the future.

Hopefully that's true, I like the Titan's I have

Michael Mills
03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
If you already have a the SN2, a person on ebay has "Nova Premier PowerGrip Jaw by Teknatool" for about $45 including shipping (this is about $25-30 less than ordering online with taxes and shipping). This is the four inch and is listed on the Teknatool site as appropriate for a SN2.
Teknatool rating is for up to 29" or in a spigot operation 19" long.
The ebay listing also says Jet, but Jet is an approved provider for Teknatool chucks (they come in a Teknatool box). I purchased a set for my SN2. I believe Woodcraft also has the SN2 on sale for $119.
This may be an option.
Mike