PDA

View Full Version : A Few Festool (and Other) Questions

Tom LaRussa
10-31-2004, 1:10 PM
For anybody who knows the answers:

[1] What's with the goofy neon green stripes on everything they make?

[2] What's with that name, anyway? Was the company started by Uncle Fester from the Adams Family? Or are they supposed to be really "Festive" -- hence the "happy" green stripes?

[3] Given that even the best scientists can't tell us the exact location of a single, solitary electron at any given time, is it really wise for us to become reliant on electric tools? What if the electrons all decide they are tired of doing the work for us and go on strike? We can't make them work, 'cuz we don't really know where they are. Where would we be then? I mean, a gigantic Mini-Me with a non-rotating Tersa cutter is really just a massively overweight hand plane, no?

These are the kinds of questions that keep me awake at night. ;)

Christian Aufreiter
10-31-2004, 2:19 PM

[2] What's with that name, anyway? Was the company started by Uncle Fester from the Adams Family? Or are they supposed to be really "Festive" -- hence the "happy" green stripes?

[3] Given that even the best scientists can't tell us the exact location of a single, solitary electron at any given time, is it really wise for us to become reliant on electric tools? What if the electrons all decide they are tired of doing the work for us and go on strike? We can't make them work, 'cuz we don't really know where they are. Where would we be then? I mean, a gigantic Mini-Me with a non-rotating Tersa cutter is really just a massively overweight hand plane, no?

As for question [2] have a look at Bob Marino's post in this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=10447&page=2&pp=15&highlight=fezer)

As for question [3] - break down of electricity, one word: CATASTROPHE

Regards,

Christian

Ian Barley
10-31-2004, 2:45 PM

Now you see Tom - what keeps me awake at night is worrying that the whole thing that happens during the day - including the electrons - might just be me dreaming. And come to that I worry that I may just be dreaming that those are the things that keep me awake at night.

I think therefore I am - I think!

Oh - and

[1] - Cos Dewalt already bought all the available yellow.

[2] - The companies original product lines was small three legged seats made of Iron.

Greg Mann
10-31-2004, 2:52 PM

Tom,

There's probably a lot of things we humans should not be doing with electrons but probably the worst is when we split 'em.

Greg

Jim Becker
10-31-2004, 2:58 PM
I think spending some quality time with a blender, some available electrons, a bit of ice and various liquids in combination will likely solve all these questions for you... :D

Tom LaRussa
10-31-2004, 4:34 PM
[QUOTE=Ian Barley]Now you see Tom - what keeps me awake at night is worrying that the whole thing that happens during the day - including the electrons - might just be me dreaming. And come to that I worry that I may just be dreaming that those are the things that keep me awake at night.[QUOTE]

Ian,

I can really relate.

I sometimes worry that I may be just a figment of your -- the collective you, "your" -- imagination. :p

Tom LaRussa
10-31-2004, 4:35 PM
I think spending some quality time with a blender, some available electrons, a bit of ice and various liquids in combination will likely solve all these questions for you... :D
Sounds like a plan! :D

John Miliunas
10-31-2004, 7:21 PM
Ahhhhhh...Hey guys. Who's turn was it to give Tom his meds? :eek: :confused: :D :cool:

Jim Becker
10-31-2004, 8:51 PM
John, I think that Tom was working with some of that "fragrant" wood in the shop this weekend with dull tools and couldn't help but to inhale the resulting smoke...

John Miliunas
10-31-2004, 9:44 PM
John, I think that Tom was working with some of that "fragrant" wood in the shop this weekend with dull tools and couldn't help but to inhale the resulting smoke...

Yup...That may explain it! :D :cool: