PDA

View Full Version : Vector Table - Honeycomb or grid???

Gary and Jessica Houghton
02-26-2010, 3:44 PM
Okay, we are in need of a new vector table.

We have been in business for almost three years. We have the original honeycomb grid from Epilog and need to have it replaced. I have tried to go through past threads and find which one to get, but am newer to the laser business and am not mechanically inclined. My husband/ partner says the original vector table does not have adequate enough air flow. Is there something out there that does have more and will fit in the bed of my 24" X 18" laser? I am looking for the best "plug and play" vector table out there without costing me an arm and a leg? Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

On a side note, I cut a lot of mdf and plywood, paper and rowmark.

Thanks,
Jessica Houghton

Linda Tetreault
02-26-2010, 3:56 PM
Jessica,

Try this http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=39959
I bought one & am very happy with it.

Belinda Barfield
02-26-2010, 4:06 PM
Mike Null at St. Louis Laser is a great guy and is very easy to work with. I ordered a new grid from him but, unfortunately, it was damaged in shipping. Mike and I agreed that the size grid I needed probably wasn't going to ship without damage so. He told me to keep the grid and use part of it if I could, and refunded my purchase price. :)

We also have a CNC so, based on a thread posted by Keith Outten, I decided to make my own grid from Corian. It is almost finished and I'll post a photo. The initial prototype did not allow for adequate air flow so we changed the design a bit. I love the Corian though, no scarring of acrylic, etc., and it won't ever sag.

Gary Hair
02-26-2010, 9:57 PM
Belinda,
I'm very curious about your corian grid. I have a cnc also and would love to be able to make my own grid. Would you be able to post pictures and/or the cdr you used to make the grid?

Thanks!
Gary

P.S. I have one of Mikes grids and couldn't be happier with it.

Mike Null at St. Louis Laser is a great guy and is very easy to work with. I ordered a new grid from him but, unfortunately, it was damaged in shipping. Mike and I agreed that the size grid I needed probably wasn't going to ship without damage so. He told me to keep the grid and use part of it if I could, and refunded my purchase price. :)

We also have a CNC so, based on a thread posted by Keith Outten, I decided to make my own grid from Corian. It is almost finished and I'll post a photo. The initial prototype did not allow for adequate air flow so we changed the design a bit. I love the Corian though, no scarring of acrylic, etc., and it won't ever sag.

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2010, 9:17 AM
Belinda,
I'm very curious about your corian grid. I have a cnc also and would love to be able to make my own grid. Would you be able to post pictures and/or the cdr you used to make the grid?

Thanks!
Gary

P.S. I have one of Mikes grids and couldn't be happier with it.

Gary,

I'll post pics. The grid should be finished up the first of next week. It is sort of a "back burner" project that we work on as we have time. As for the cdr file, sorry, I don't have Corel. I'll have to check with the "Boss" before sharing his file.

Jack Burton
02-27-2010, 9:31 AM
I wish that my wish would realize that I am the "Boss" :D

David Takes
02-28-2010, 1:38 PM
Jessica,

I've got a 24"x18" vector table for an Epilog Legend 24EX. It has the rulers and is in good clean shape. It's setting on a shelf gathering dust. Make me an offer.

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Photos of the completed grid. Rulers can be added if desired. Holes in the top surface will accommodate 1/4" dowels for alignment purposes.

Thanks for the original plan Keith!

143683 143685 143686

Viktor Voroncov
03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Is it made from Corian?

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2010, 2:14 PM
Is it made from Corian?

Yes, as mentioned in post #3, it is made from Corian.

Gary Hair
03-01-2010, 2:42 PM
Very nice Belinda. The holes in the top are a great idea. What are the holes in the sides?

Gary

Scott Shepherd
03-01-2010, 2:57 PM
Beautiful Belinda! Didn't have anything cheaper, like Glacier White to make it out of? :D

What's that, a B, C, or D category color? ;)

Dan Hintz
03-01-2010, 3:01 PM
If it's sitting on the shelf unused, it's an A-category ;)

Belinda Barfield
03-01-2010, 3:15 PM
Very nice Belinda. The holes in the top are a great idea. What are the holes in the sides?

Gary

Gary,

Our laser exhaust port is at the back of the machine. The holes in the top and sides are to allow for smoke, etc., to be pulled down through the grid and out the back. That is the primary use for the holes in the top, with peg placement for alignment being a bonus.

Beautiful Belinda! Didn't have anything cheaper, like Glacier White to make it out of? :D

What's that, a B, C, or D category color? ;)

I think that's a D category, that's primarily what we work. Glacier White is like gold to me.