PDA

View Full Version : New Hammer A3-31 Ordered

Tom W Armstrong
02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi All,

The good news: Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with the J/P discussion yesterday. I just signed and faxed the paperwork for a new A3-31 for a final price of $3358 delivered. Hammer is having a 15% off sale in March at which point I'll add the required accessories.

The bad news: It won't ship until the first week of May :(

Oh well, gives me time to prepare the shop and get the new Rikon setup, etc. I'll provide a full report once it arrives!

Thanks again,

Tom

Mike Heidrick
02-26-2010, 1:23 PM
Congrats Tom. Sounds like you have and are getting some awesome new life long tools. Enjoy them. Must be a Great feeling having that gem coming in May I bet!

Roger Jensen
02-26-2010, 3:51 PM
Hi Tom,

I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Someone in your original thread posted this link:
http://www.felderusaonline.com/ultimate_guide/A331/A331%20Ultimate%20Guide%20Master.swf

Be sure to save the link and download the tuning and fence installation instructions. I didn't receive these manuals with my unit and it would have been helpful.

Good luck - now the waiting begins...

Roger

John Harden
02-26-2010, 4:28 PM
Aaahhh, the long wait. It'll be here sooner than you think. I think I waited four months for my machines to arrive.

You might give some thought as to how you'l be getting it home from the freight yard. If you don't have the resources, your sales person may know of someone in your area who provides lift gate service. The freight yard may know of someone as well.

Good luck with the new combo. I'm sure you'll be impressed with it!!

Regards,

John

Roger Jensen
02-26-2010, 4:47 PM
I live in the SF Bay area and they provided great delivery service. They brought it with a lift gate truck so they took it off the truck and carried it back to my shop. Of course the Austrian pallet was not compatible with the American pallet jack so we had to open up the crate to get it to grab the unit, but the driver was great and helped me get it back and into my shop.

Your Felder rep will tell you what kind of delivery service you will have.

Roger

Tom W Armstrong
02-26-2010, 7:09 PM
Lift gate service right to the house is part of the free shipping. I'll need to time to get the garage organized but it will force me to "get it done" before mid-May.

Fergus said there's one left on the May shipment so you guys on the fence better jump. :)