PDA

View Full Version : SketchUp error

Brian Hale
10-31-2004, 8:58 AM
Any idea what this means?

I was working on a sketch last night, saved it but left the program open. This morning i was greated with this error. The only thing i can think of is the computer did it's weekly backup to the file server last night but i've always left programs running over night.

I never turn my computers off....

Brian :confused:

Ted Shrader
10-31-2004, 9:49 AM
Brian -

Could be the Daylight Savings Time shift when the computer went back in time. Do you have "Auto Save every (so often)" turned on? Could be it wrote an "older" file back to itself. Don't think there is a loss of data.

BTW - Which version are you running? I have not upgraded to the newest verision yet. If so, how do you like it?

Regards,
Ted

Brian Hale
10-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Hmmmm Daylight Savings Time... Nice call Ted, i'll bet thats it!

Autosave is every 5 min.

I'm running ver 3.1 and just getting to know it. Tried the 4.0 demo and it feels a lot eaiser to work with but, well, money is tighting a bit with Xmas on the way.

Brian

Jim Becker
10-31-2004, 10:15 AM
I think Ted called it!

Ted, I have 4.x and like it better than 3.1, especially the "easy access" to the ability to extrude along a line, even a curved one. Now, if I only had more time to work with it!

Ted Shrader
11-02-2004, 9:27 PM
. . . I have 4.x and like it better than 3.1, especially the "easy access" to the ability to extrude along a line, even a curved one. . . . .Jim -

That feature alone would save me a huge amount of time. Drawing raise panels and trim moulding is a pain in 3.1.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Ted