PDA

View Full Version : laser arrival finally

stan kern
02-25-2010, 8:52 PM
picked up the cnc laser today and i was surprised on the size and weight,drove it home in a snow storm but not that bad, 4 wheel drive kept us on the road.
Pushed it off on the shop loading platform with a lot of grunts,took the shipping case apart ,which was labelled unscrew here --saved a lot of guessing,inside all was well,very well packed ,very neat and with a lot of care on someone's part.When you see that sort of packing its like a neat shop , I appreciated everything being fastened and shrink wrapped ,now i have to get it off the platform and into the shop.
It looks well built.
More news to come

Anthony Scira
02-26-2010, 3:56 AM
Wow is that the blower in the second jpg ? Looks nice and small and quiet !

She is a keeper.

Rodne Gold
02-26-2010, 4:04 AM
Give us some details re this laser , brand , power , worksize , cost?

John Frazee
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Looks just like my Brightstar Lasers laser (Chinese) except for the paint job. Mine is a 60 watt with a 12x20 table. My small blower didn't last long and replaced it with a HF blower. It also came in a big crate like that one.

Scott Shepherd
02-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Rodney, it looks like a Logilase. Google that word and you'll get the site.

douglas rubio
02-26-2010, 11:24 AM
that thing is huge!!

Michael Hunter
02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Shouldn't Stan have bought a Kern laser?

Michael Oswald
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Looks like an 80W 24 x 36 table.

I almost bought this exact same machine, but went with a Rabbit instead. Let me know how it works and your overall thoughts when you get it up and running.

Viktor Voroncov
02-26-2010, 1:50 PM
Original Chinese blowers and aquarium water pumps usually do not lasts long :(

stan kern
02-27-2010, 1:24 AM
Its a 24x36 100 watt laser with a separate water chiller unit and the exhaust blower is light duty and the compressor might be light duty
It seems to be built well and is very heavy to handle .
The 2 above items i can replace myself.Came with a tutorial and laser cut 5.3 with a dongle (shame i would like to also run that program in the house but i cannot duplicate the dongle)
There are 4 stepper motors and 3 drives ,i also purchased the rotary axis which plugs into the z axis
The z axis can move 12 inches
Bearings look good table moves on 4 ball like screws.Its belt driven which i wish it wasn't but that the design.
i am anxious to get going ,waiting for the tech to show up and set up the tube so i can get burning.
I also set up a separate computer with Xp as the dongle would not work under win7
And yes i should have looked at the kern laser but i found we were not related and there were no special deals ,just joking i spoke to
kern laser about the program photograv and they were informative and i bought fairly close to home (2.5hrs---toronto)

stan

Curt Heggemeyer
02-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Those are good biult machines.
Did you buy from Raymond Scott?
if you did he is a wealth of information and nice guy to deal with.

Curt

stan kern
02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
mine came from toronto ontario form mike dorian

stan kern
02-28-2010, 9:46 AM
mine came from toronto ontario

stan kern
03-01-2010, 5:37 PM
The tech came and setup the laser ,he spent most of the day going through different setup and tips.
its amazing what this machine soes ,very smooth cuts.
The build is very solid and he went through the cleaning and lens replacement and its very straight forward

Ross Moshinsky
03-01-2010, 5:49 PM
Maybe I missed it, but where did you buy it and for how much?

I'm surprised you were able to buy a Chinese cutter that actually had a tech. I'd love to get a 100W machine. My 30W IS100 really is limiting at times.

stan kern
03-02-2010, 6:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofnBmQ9W0w