PDA

View Full Version : Easy Wood Tools Ci4m Mini Detailer arrived

Alan Zenreich
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I just received a Ci4m Mini Detailer from Easy Wood Tools via UPS today.
I preordered it a couple of weeks back.

I don't believe the chisel is on their web site yet, it's scheduled for general availablity March 1.

I'm already growing quite fond of the carbide Ci1, Ci0, Ci2m and Ci3m tools already in my chisel rack... this should make a nice addition.

It looks great, and I'll try to make some test cuts with it this evening.

It has a diamond shaped cutter, a new shape for them.

Perhaps I can make some photos of it, as it might be a violation of forum policy to post the photo that EasyWoodTools made (it has their logo, web address etc in additon to photos of the tool)

Alan Zenreich
02-25-2010, 7:27 PM
I spent a little time with the new detailing chisel... very interesting.

The diamond shaped cutter is 1" long x 3/8" wide with the end points rounded to 1/16" diameter. Cuts are very smooth and easy to control (at least on the walnut I was cutting).

I can see this tool being especially useful for doing eccentric pendant turning where one would normally use a skew on its side as a scraper to round the edges of the pendant's hole.

We'll have to play with it some more... in the meanwhile, I'll try to attach some photos to this post showing some detail and comparing it to the rest of the flock 'o carbide chisels I'm accumulating.

David E Keller
02-25-2010, 7:59 PM
Nice collection of carbide you got going there... The newest will probably be good for detail work as you said

Alan Zenreich
02-25-2010, 8:37 PM
I'm trying to breed them <vbg>