PDA

View Full Version : Shaker Spice Cabinet

Donnie Raines
10-30-2004, 7:49 PM
Well...this one won't be used for spices. This will be used for who knows what......

The panel is a bookmatched curly cherry. The panel matches better then the photo leads you to believe. Thanks for looking.

Jim Becker
10-30-2004, 7:57 PM
Nice piece, Donnie. Projects like that have many uses and are worth doing even if you don't need them for their primary intention!

Jim Barrett
10-30-2004, 7:58 PM
Donnie,
Looking good! What type of finish did you apply?
Jim

Donnie Raines
10-30-2004, 8:05 PM
Pratt and Lambert #38 varnish.

Keith Christopher
10-30-2004, 8:23 PM
Donnie,

Very nice I love the BM CC ! Shaker style always intrigues me. it's simplicity lies about the work that goes into making it ! Excellent work !

Michael Stafford
10-30-2004, 8:26 PM
Donnie, nice looking project. Love that curly cherry. I also bookmatched some panels on a project made with curly cherry and when photographed the bookmatching was nearly invisible. I wish some of the photo experts would explain what lighting setup is needed to counteract the difference in grain direction and light reflectivity caused by bookmatching... Really fine work.

Steve Clardy
10-30-2004, 8:57 PM
Nice piece, Donnie. Projects like that have many uses and are worth doing even if you don't need them for their primary intention! WOOOW. Jim. What's up with the eyes?:eek::eek::eek:
Too much sawdust or got screen fever?? lol

Donnie. Terrific cabinet job. Cherry's is my second favorite wood, and always liked the Shaker style. Nice cabinet.:D

Steve:)

Tyler Howell
10-30-2004, 9:00 PM
:cool: Nice Donnie, Very Nice!

Dick Parr
10-30-2004, 9:35 PM
Very nice Donnie

Todd Burch
10-30-2004, 9:35 PM
Donnie, looks good. Does the door or drawer open? ;) Got any more room on the digital camera card for a few pics of the insides or the back? How's it hanging? (the cabinet...)

Todd

Jason Tuinstra
10-31-2004, 4:22 PM
How is it that all the great looking wood makes it over to your shop??? :D Nice job on this one. I'm glad to see that someone is making their quota this month on Shaker furniture. Keep it coming.

Pete Harbin
10-31-2004, 4:24 PM
Nice Donnie!

Jerry Olexa
10-31-2004, 4:24 PM
Donnie, Excellent job! Love the look of that wood and your finish.

Carole Valentine
10-31-2004, 7:08 PM
Cabinet is beautiful, but I REALLY like that classy lock lever on your fence! :D

John Miliunas
10-31-2004, 7:32 PM
Gotta' love that Cherry, Donnie! The curly looks almost 3-D! :) Great job, regardless of what the end use will be! :cool:

Donnie Raines
11-01-2004, 8:34 AM
Donnie, looks good. Does the door or drawer open? ;) Got any more room on the digital camera card for a few pics of the insides or the back? How's it hanging? (the cabinet...)

Todd
The door and drawer stay shut....I just attached it with brads from the front.... :rolleyes:

I did take a few pix of the inside, but opted to leave them out simply becuase they were boreing...not to mention poor quailty shots. :cool:

Jeff Jump
11-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice work Donnie! Shaker is my favorite style furniture and that curly cherry looks fantastic.

Martin Lutz
11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
beautiful work Donnie! Love that Cherry!

Roger Fitzsimonds
11-01-2004, 1:03 PM
Very very nice Donnie. I really like the finish and the book matching. excellent job.

Roger

Keith Christopher
11-01-2004, 3:25 PM
The door and drawer stay shut....I just attached it with brads from the front.... :rolleyes:

I did take a few pix of the inside, but opted to leave them out simply becuase they were boreing...not to mention poor quailty shots. :cool:

So this is more decorative than function ? is the drawer and door brad'd shut perm ?

Keith

Donnie Raines
11-01-2004, 3:35 PM
So this is more decorative than function ? is the drawer and door brad'd shut perm ?

Keith
I was just kidding about that Chris. Everything is operational....complete with hand cut dovetails. there are two simple shelves and thats it...nothing fancy.

Keith Christopher
11-01-2004, 3:53 PM
LOL I was so confused for a moment. Thinking all that good work and beautiful BM cherry and it didn't open. :eek: I feel like such an idiot. :p