PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Woodworkers Show

Dick Parr
10-30-2004, 3:34 PM
Spent a few hours at the Woodcraft show today and finally learned how to sharpen a scraper. David Marks was there giving instruction and he is better in person then he is on TV. Real nice guy to talk with and a wealth of knowledge.

I missed a chance to have lunch with them this afternoon. The guy that was with me wanted to get home. :mad:

Here are a couple of picks of David Marks, one of David and myself with Bill in the background and one with David telling one of his story's. It was a real nice morning. If you ever get the chance to go see him it is worth the time.

Gredo Goldenstein
10-30-2004, 3:56 PM
Sounds like a good time Dick. I was hoping to get to Des Moines, IA when David Marks is doing a seminar there during the WoodWorking Show. Then I looked at the calendar and I have to work that weekend. (One of the few mandetory weekends throughout the year.) Ahh well, maybe next time. Thanks for the pics.

Tony Falotico
10-30-2004, 6:38 PM
I watch David Marks on Wood Works every chance I get, IMHO he is more than just a woodworker, he is a true craftsman. Watched him make his curved top treasure chest earlier today. His methods are truly inspiring.

Hal Flynt
11-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Dick, I was there too!

I saw you there but didn't recognize you from SMC. I even had my Saw Mill Creek hat on.

I went to his scraper sharpening and using demos, ran home to watch the game and came back for the metal leafing and chemical patina segments. I wasn't too interested in them at first, but now I am.

David is a magnificent craftsman and really impresses me by taking the time to explain in detail in person the things his fans want to know. Wow.

I am gathering some contact info for HGTV and DIY and will start a post in a day or so to solicit emails to keep this guy on TV. He said that his contract was up and all the shows were in the can, but we can help.

John Gregory
11-01-2004, 12:31 PM
David Marks is a wood artist and a great instructor. His attention to detail is amazing. The LOML and I would miss him if he was not on DIY network. He is the reason we pay the extra for DIY. We try to tape all of his shows. Our next project will be trying to construct his Sofa table (Project 404) for my wife's sister. The wife and I are equal partners in woodworking and may attend a class of David's next year.

When you find the contact information to keep his show on the air, please let us know.

Thanks,

Pete Harbin
11-02-2004, 12:21 AM
He's going to be here at the Albuquerque Woodcraft on December 18th. I missed the visit from Wayne Barton, but I definately want to make Dave's visit. So far, all I've heard is what a great and giving person he is. I'm really looking forward to it.

Bill Murphy
11-02-2004, 1:03 AM
I am gathering some contact info for HGTV and DIY and will start a post in a day or so to solicit emails to keep this guy on TV. He said that his contract was up and all the shows were in the can, but we can help.

HI Hal,

That's a great idea. I'll be on board for that campaign.

IMHO, David Marks is one of the best things to happen to TV.