PDA

View Full Version : New Woodturning Club in Maryland...

Tom Mullane
10-30-2004, 9:24 AM
We are having our first meeting on Wednesday November 3... please let Larry know if you are interested even if you can not attend.. Thanks..

After many conversations with other wood turners, in the areas close to the Frederick vicinity, it seems that
there is a lot of interest in starting a wood turner's club in Frederick. My intention is to bring together a group
of people who are interested in learning from others, and in general benefiting from a common interest. I have
attended several wood turning club meetings in other areas, but were in fact just too far for me to drive to, to be
a committed member, So my hope is to develop this club for the interested people in this area.

So with That Let's Have a FIRST MEETING:
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 3RD 6:30 P.M. (day after election day)
AT: My Workplace ROUTZAHN'S FURNITURE STORE IN FREDERICK (directions will be provided)
6:30--7:00 Meet and Greet---
7:00---Start Meeting
I would see the first meeting as mostly organizational, considering some things like:
Regular Meeting--- Day and Time
Meeting Place
Club Name
Election of some officers
Consider affiliating with AAW
Develop a contact list-email list-phone list
Other items that would be helpful in getting us up and going quickly

Please email me to let me know if you plan on attending,,,, And Please
feel free to forward this email to anyone who you think may be interested, or better yet
bring them along

My contact information is
Larry Barnes
lbarnes@conniescrafts.com or
lbarnes@copper.net
phone home is 301-447-6560 work ---301-662-2141
Feel free to phone or again please email with attendance.

The address of our store in Frederick is 1931 North Market Street
A very short map of the store location is at this link http://routzahns.com/contact.htm
or you could do a Mapquest on the above address,,,, or call me,
Please enter the building from the lower parking lot,,, through the glass door marked "Service".

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-02-2004, 12:12 AM
Good luck with the new club - may all your turning be like cutting butter.

Bruce