PDA

View Full Version : YAG Engraving

Charles van der Spuy
02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi Everyone,
I have subscribed to this forum many moons ago, and this is my first attempt at getting some use from it.
I have recently purchased a second-hand NEXUS YAG engraving machine, which was supplied with MagicMarkV3 software. Support seems sparse to people buying second hand machines!!!
We are struggling to engrave sequential lists, each list consisting of about 6 lines of text. We could export each item from Coreldraw / import into MM3, but this is time consuming with long lists, and I'm hoping there is an easier way working from an Excel file.
Is there anyone out there doing the same thing that could perhaps help me?
Sincerely,
Charlie

Rodne Gold
02-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Hiya Charlie - SAfrican?
Without knowing the specific software , its impossible to help 100% , but it is possible to use Corels print merge and scripting to do this sort of automagically

Charles van der Spuy
04-28-2010, 4:43 PM
Yup, SAFRICAN - 10 streets down the block from you. Weird that it taking the internet to get us in touch again!! Yeah yeah I know what you are going to say, but OK, I did it and bought a YAG - so far so very good. We are successfully using the print merge corel) for the CO2's. The MM3 software however seems not to handle multiple page numbers, and the boykies in JHB also seems not so clued up. Looks it will be trial and error for me!
Hope your health is good - if your pic is recent, then you look great.
Give me a call sometime (tried your factory a couple of times!)
Kindest regards,
Charlie

Carla Cronje
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Charles
I agree!! Great machine, unfortunately the aftersale assistance SUCK in South Africa!
We've got a DPL Magic Marker and use the Magic Mark Vers 3 Software.
You can give us a call @ 087 808 4572. We wills see if we could be aff assistance.
Regards
Carla