PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Carving Tool Sale

Doug Shepard
02-23-2010, 6:59 AM
This sort of belongs in the Deals/Discounts section but since I've been waiting for a WC sale before I pull the trigger and venture down the slippery slope of carving, I thought I'd post this here.
Just noticed this morning that Friday and Saturday only, Woodcraft is having a 15% off sale on a number of items, but it specifically mentions that carving tools are included. I think their free shipping offer will still be in effect those 2 days as well, but not entirely sure on that. Looks like it's time to get some Pfeil stuff while the gettins good.

Doug Carpenter
02-26-2010, 8:08 PM
I went there yesterday to get some carving burrs I saw in the flyer. I was a day early and they honored the pricing for me.

I thought that was nice of them. I didn't even ask them to do it.

alex carey
02-28-2010, 2:41 AM
thanks for the post, never done any carving before but I guess its a good a time as any. Ordered a 6 piece set.

Doug Shepard
02-28-2010, 6:44 AM
Well I pretty much shot my tax return and took the plunge on a slew of chisels and a canvas chisel roll. One of the V tools is on BO for a week but the rest is already on the way. Figured I'd start going thru Mike Henderson's tutorials and go from there.