PDA

View Full Version : Vector going bad..

David Sacks
02-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Doing papercuts, with vector at 85% speed - 600 or 400 dpi - runs fine - but will go in to "lo-res" cutting if you will - if I "stop" and "go" (just wait a fraction of a second) it corrects its self.
Have cleaned the everything I know to clean.
Ideas?
Thanks

Doug Griffith
02-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Are you saying the frequency drops if you hit the the "stop" button and then the "go" button and then automatically corrects itself after a fraction of a second?

David Sacks
02-23-2010, 12:30 AM
But while it's cutting - it corrects after the stop and go... Thanks - Don't know the terms - but the cuts become "dotted" lines...

Dan Hintz
02-23-2010, 6:56 AM
Sounds like the RF board is on the way out...

Frank Corker
02-23-2010, 6:57 AM
David if you are still struggling try post the cdr file then we can take a look and might see the poblem. Have you checked your hairline settings to make sure it is a solid line? Are you sure there is only one hairline and not two with one sitting on the other? Check the colour code settings in the printer (last tab). Finally give your encoder strip a clean as per manual instructions, diirt might be causing it..

Doug Griffith
02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
A few more questions:
1) Is it random?
2) When it happens does it stay that way or eventually come back on it's own without hitting the stop/go buttons?
3) Does it happen on all files?

Also, I've seen weird things like that happen with arrowheads applied to a closed hairline curve. The beam pulsates in and out.

David Sacks
02-23-2010, 6:40 PM
A few more questions:
1) Is it random? - Yes - I can laser the same file (as it lives on the laser) and get the problem to appear in different places...

2) When it happens does it stay that way or eventually come back on it's own without hitting the stop/go buttons? It always happens on it's own - I can correct it by hitting the stop and go. I'm not hitting stop and go to create the problem, just to fix it....

3) Does it happen on all files? Up until now 95% of an job is Raster and 5% Vector. But these papercuts are of course 100% Vector....

-----
I spoke to Dan at tech support and email him a photo (attached) See the "dotted" cut out for the "H"? - and he said to slow down to 50% (from my 85%). I have ran 10 or so with no problems, except it is much slower..

I feel like the guy who went to the doctor and complained his arm hurt when he lifted it up - and was told - "don't lift your arm"....

Doug Griffith
02-23-2010, 8:04 PM
I also have a Mini (45) and can cut paper all day long at 100% speed. Almost all the work I do is vector and I never have problems.

Sounds like a hardware issues as Dan said.