PDA

View Full Version : I'll post some of my latest turnings,

Leo Van Der Loo
02-22-2010, 10:12 PM
most of them still need some more coats of tung oil on them, but are finished otherwise :D
Any and all comments welcome as always :)

142961 142962

142959 142960

142963 142964

This one is for a person that gave me a few pieces of Walnut in exchange for a bowl, it did have a small split that has been repaired, pretty bowl otherwice :D

John Keeton
02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Leo, you obviously love walnut, as well. My favorite wood!! Great form on all of these - you must turn these out by the dozens.

David Christopher
02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
beautiful as allways..you never fail to impress

David E Keller
02-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Great forms that let the beauty of the wood come through... thanks for the photos.

Doug W Swanson
02-22-2010, 11:06 PM
More nice stuff!

You never fail to impress, Leo!

Doug

Ted Calver
02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Beauties!!!

Bernie Weishapl
02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Those are beauties Leo.

gary Zimmel
02-23-2010, 1:44 AM
Thanks for the look see Leo.

Mark Hubl
02-23-2010, 2:17 AM
Nice bowls. You have been a busy turner.

Norm Zax
02-23-2010, 3:44 AM
Beautiful wood and workmanship!

Steve Schlumpf
02-23-2010, 7:38 AM
Leo - very nice work on all of these! I really like the simple forms and detail work. Pretty wood - great finishes!

Jon Finch
02-23-2010, 1:06 PM
Leo, as always your work is imaculate! Do you use a grain filler on your walnut pieces? SMOOTH...

Bill Bolen
02-23-2010, 5:26 PM
Fine pieces all Leo. I really like your variety of rim treatments of late. Gee whizz....I'm retired and can't find the time to do that much turning. You are an active fellow...Bill...

Alan Tolchinsky
02-23-2010, 5:40 PM
Leo, the wood gods are smiling down on you and you've done them proud. The wood and work is fantastic and I love all the different rim details.

Leo Van Der Loo
02-23-2010, 9:32 PM
Leo, you obviously love walnut, as well. My favorite wood!! Great form on all of these - you must turn these out by the dozens.

Thanks John :D, It's quirky at times, but yes it's quite nice wood and can be beautiful, the best thing is, it get nicer as it ages, unlike some :)

beautiful as allways..you never fail to impress

Thanks David :D, I love doing it, and I'm having fun :D

Great forms that let the beauty of the wood come through... thanks for the photos.

Thank you David :D, and you are welcome, I like looking at them to :)

More nice stuff!

You never fail to impress, Leo!

Doug

Thanks again Doug :D, I appreciate it :D

Beauties!!!

Thank you Ted :D

Those are beauties Leo.

Thanks Bernie :D

Thanks for the look see Leo.

Thank you Gary :D, and you are welcome :D

Thom Sturgill
02-23-2010, 9:36 PM
Leo, as always very fine work. I love the rim details, and walnut is one of my favorites too.

Leo Van Der Loo
02-24-2010, 2:57 AM
Nice bowls. You have been a busy turner.

Thanks Mark :D, somehow being retired is making me busier than ever before ;) :D

Beautiful wood and workmanship!

Thank You Norm :D, appreciate the commenting :)

Leo - very nice work on all of these! I really like the simple forms and detail work. Pretty wood - great finishes!

Hi Steve, thanks :D, simple can be beautiful :)

Leo, as always your work is imaculate! Do you use a grain filler on your walnut pieces? SMOOTH...

Thank you John :D, no never use any grain filler John, tried it once or twice, years ago, didn't like the outcome, now its mostly just Polymerized tung oil from Lee Valley, I like it :)

Fine pieces all Leo. I really like your variety of rim treatments of late. Gee whizz....I'm retired and can't find the time to do that much turning. You are an active fellow...Bill...

Thank you Bill :D, as for time, same here Bill, being retired now for a dozen years I still haven't caught up yet, never enough hours in a day, and time seems to go faster and faster :(

Leo, the wood gods are smiling down on you and you've done them proud. The wood and work is fantastic and I love all the different rim details.

Thanks Alan :D, we keep having fun, it usually shows ;) :D

Leo Van Der Loo
02-24-2010, 3:00 AM
Leo, as always very fine work. I love the rim details, and walnut is one of my favorites too.

Thanks for commenting Tom, I appreciate it :D, and yes Walnut can surely be pretty good looking wood :D