PDA

View Full Version : After Market Fence for Jet Super Saw

Larry Dublin
10-29-2004, 10:55 PM
What will work with a Jet Super Saw with Sliding Table?

Jim Bills
10-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Check with the people with Woodpeckers, I am fairly certain the Incra TS fence should be able to be adapted. I added the TSLS to my DW746 and couldn't be happier. The accuracy is astounding.

sascha gast
10-30-2004, 7:45 PM
i'm sticking with the biesemeyer answer. just cut the rails to the left a little shorter and install as instructed. the biesemeyer will turn your supersaw in to a great saw. i had one before i got my PM66

sascha

Greg Brown
01-30-2005, 3:10 PM
I have adapted the Incra TS-LS to work with my Supersaw. In fact, the TS mounting system using angle brackets seems made for a sliding table saw. I made front and rear supports for the slidint table mount from 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1/8 angle iron in front and 2 x 1/8 flat iron in back to replace the support provided by the Jet rails. I mounted the Incra angle brackets using existing bolts on the back and drilled holes in the front to accommodate the front angle brackets. I mounted the rails to the angle brackets with 3/8" handled bolts to allow for easy adjusting of the left and right movement of the rails to provide for sliding table when cross-cutting and to position the rails to the left for ripping. Actually, the rails can be mounted permanently clear of the sliding table if space to the right of the saw or the need to mount the fence mounting plate in reverse for routing are not concerns. I have a cast iron router table between the saw's main table and its right extension table.

This is a nirvana situation for me. The Incra TS-LS fence is locked on both rails for zero possible movement and can be moved in .001 incraments as needed. It can be reversed and used with the Incra Wonder fence attached as the complete Incra jointery system for the router.

I have pictures of the installation if anyone is interested. I have also shared my implementation with Perry McDaniel at Incra to help them support this type of installation.

Greg Brown

Justin Killebrew
01-30-2005, 5:39 PM
That is an excellent solution.

Typically, when folks ask if the Incra Rip Fences can be adapted to a Jet Supersaw w/ a sliding table, my answer is always maybe. Apparently, there are a few different versions of the sliding table for that saw. One that mounts to the rails and one that does not. If the sliding table does not mount to the rails, no problem. If it does mount to the rails, it will require a bit of engineering.

So far, Greg, I believe we should use yours as the example.

Larry Dublin
01-30-2005, 9:48 PM
Greg and Justin,

Thanks for the replies. I had forgotten that I had posted this question and had resigned myself to using the stock fence. (I am getting more comfortable with it but I feel that accuracy is not at its best).

I PM'd Greg for pictures and will research the Incra systems more.

Interesting to see some people look back at the old posts.

Again thanks,

Larry

Richard Holway
03-13-2023, 4:44 PM
I've just gotten back using my Jet SuperSaw with sliding table, *non-Exacta* [less reliable] fence, and the unorthodox front rails (attached to the bottom of the table, so no chance of using side holes).
So an after-market fence seemed way too much trouble. Instead, I've gone to being very careful to keep the rail and fence clear of sawdust, checking that it's firmly attached, etc. And using a magnetic featherboard as (literal) backup. With very good results. A couple of possible backstops in the attached pic, but anything with a strong magnet will do.