PDA

View Full Version : Just playing around *WARNING GUN IMAGE* :)

Jack Burton
02-22-2010, 8:13 PM
I was bored this evening so I made some grips for my 1911....took about 20 minutes total.....I am anxious to get some nice wood tomorrow and make a nice set. I cut these out of 1/8 ply,then contoured with a dremel, one coat of stain..... they actually look pretty good in reality.....even cut the screw holes out (counter sunk) vector center/raster margin..... any ideas are welcome.....thanks SW for the templete!

Burton Out.

Randy Digby
02-22-2010, 9:50 PM
Good looking job. I have a 1911 that could use some grips. Could you post or PM the link to the grip file?
Thanks.

Dan Hintz
02-23-2010, 6:55 AM
Jack,

I'm offended by this pic... you failed to warn me there would be a sharp knife, and as such I have flagged the entire post (in fact, your entire account here) for removal.

Wanna make some for my .45? :)

Tom Bull
02-23-2010, 5:25 PM
I'm offended because that appears to be a really hard rock that stuff is setting on, and someone could stub their toe on it:mad:.

Frank Corker
02-23-2010, 5:43 PM
I think those points mentioned above are worth noting, the dangerous rock and the sharp knife, all pretty serious stuff. On another note, the grips look nice, I think, as a suggestion, you take a nice dark piece of wood and inlay some nice light wood. It would really make them stand out from the crowd.

John A. Callaway
02-23-2010, 7:23 PM
Those looks nice. Keep going. I bet you could get a bit more intricate, maybe with some multiple species laminations.

Wish the glock could take some of these....

Bill Cunningham
02-23-2010, 9:27 PM
*WARNING GUN IMAGE* :)

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!
Is that a picture of a 'loaded' gun?
I hope not, I just bought this monitor and I DON'T want any holes in it!!!

You could have titled this thread "Get a Grip" and saved us all the anxiety;)

Frank Corker
02-24-2010, 7:06 AM
*WARNING GUN IMAGE* :)

Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!
Is that a picture of a 'loaded' gun?
I hope not, I just bought this monitor and I DON'T want any holes in it!!!

You could have titled this thread "Get a Grip" and saved us all the anxiety;)

You are a wag Bill :D

Steven Wallace
02-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Jack great job. Thanks for the shout out. I have been temped to cut my own blanks from some exotic wood scales that are available. I am very temped to do a set with inlays of light and dark contrast ala Frank's comment. Keep up the great work. And thanks for posting the pic.