PDA

View Full Version : personal gloat: new sled

Brian Greb
02-22-2010, 5:37 PM
2 days wok but i think its perfect.... what do y'all think?

Peter Aeschliman
02-22-2010, 5:44 PM
Wow, that's fancy!

Is your fence adjustable for squareness, or did you manage to get it perfect?

Andrew Hughes
02-22-2010, 5:47 PM
Thats a good looking sled.I hope it inspires confidence on many projects.Thanks for sharing.

Van Huskey
02-22-2010, 6:01 PM
That there is one fine looking piece of furniture, I mean sled!

Mike Harvey
02-22-2010, 7:36 PM
Very nice job.

Mike

Robert Reece
02-22-2010, 8:31 PM
That's outstanding. If I had made that I'd be so excited, that I'd typo two words in ten also! (goat -> gloat and wok -> work)
I hate it when you typo something and the mistake is also a word. Then spell check doesn't get it.
Seriously though, beautiful work.

doug faist
02-22-2010, 8:37 PM
Brian - that's gorgeous! Tell me that's not tiger maple for the fence. And be careful, this one may end up in your living room and not the shop. :D

Doug

Myk Rian
02-22-2010, 8:40 PM
It looks like something from Alien, the movie.:D
Nice job.

Jason White
02-22-2010, 9:04 PM
Wow!!

Actually, I'm also interested in your workbench/outfeed table! Did you make it yourself? Can you include some pics?

Jason

2 days wok but i think its perfect.... what do y'all think?

Brian Greb
02-22-2010, 9:19 PM
Wow, that's fancy!

Is your fence adjustable for squareness, or did you manage to get it perfect?

Peter, ...Yes the fence is adjustable but it was perfect on the first shot.

Brian - that's gorgeous! Tell me that's not tiger maple for the fence. And be careful, this one may end up in your living room and not the shop. :D

Doug

Doug, ...Yep it's Tiger Maple.

Jim Rimmer
02-22-2010, 9:26 PM
That's outstanding. If I had made that I'd be so excited, that I'd typo two words in ten also! (goat -> gloat and wok -> work)
I hate it when you typo something and the mistake is also a word. Then spell check doesn't get it.
Seriously though, beautiful work.
I thought it was meant for the off topic forum and was about a new pet.

Brian Greb
02-22-2010, 9:27 PM
Wow!!

Actually, I'm also interested in your workbench/outfeed table! Did you make it yourself? Can you include some pics?

Jason

Yes i made the work bench my-self. It's set to the height of my TS, I just router-ed out the miter slot groves.

The bench is made out of Ash, The top is a sandwich of 3/4"MDF over 3/4" BB ply. The tool chest is mahogany.

Dino Drosas
02-22-2010, 9:34 PM
Great looking sled. I looks like every bit of two days work. BTW; where's the GOAT?:D

Brian Greb
02-22-2010, 9:38 PM
Great looking sled. I looks like every bit of two days work. BTW; where's the GOAT?:D

The goat is gone, got rid of him after he tried to eat my cell phone.

Damn technology... That will learn me to type on my iPhone. :D

Logan William
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't see a sled, I see an oversized serving tray for the house! Great work on your shop equipment, I'd love to shots of the stuff you make that doesn't stay in the garage.

mark kosse
02-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Brian, That's to nice to use. Good job man!

Sam Layton
02-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Brian, that is a great looking sled. Your work bench looks outstanding as well. Your sled is perfect, you can make it more perfect if you add a strip of adhesive backed sand paper to the fence so your work does not slip when you cut.

Sam

glenn bradley
02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Great looking sled. When I saw the horns on the fence, the goat title made sense to me ;-))

Brian Greb
02-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Brian, that is a great looking sled. Your work bench looks outstanding as well. Your sled is perfect, you can make it more perfect if you add a strip of adhesive backed sand paper to the fence so your work does not slip when you cut.

Sam

Thanks for the tip Sam but I covered that base already... The finish on the fence has diatoms(reflective additive spread over street paint) embedded in it so it has grip.

Richard Dragin
02-23-2010, 1:03 AM
I think you forgot to sand out the burn marks from the router. Even so, that's a really nice sled.

Brian Greb
02-23-2010, 1:08 AM
I think you forgot to sand out the burn marks from the router. Even so, that's a really nice sled.

oops... my bad... I need to use it so I rushed to the finish:)

Brian Greb
02-23-2010, 1:21 AM
I don't see a sled, I see an oversized serving tray for the house! Great work on your shop equipment, I'd love to shots of the stuff you make that doesn't stay in the garage.

You asked for it... so here is a small sample.

Sam Layton
02-23-2010, 2:53 AM
Brian, you were right, you have the prefect sled. Your other tables and cabinets/shelves are outstanding. What are you working on now?

You do great work, Sam

Jeffrey Makiel
02-23-2010, 7:47 AM
I like the Asian flare that the sled has. :)

Your other pieces are beautiful too. Thanks for posting them.

-Jeff :)

Lori Kleinberg
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, you have made some beautiful pieces, sled included. Thank you for sharing.

Mike Cruz
02-24-2010, 1:53 PM
Nice sled, but maybe on your next one you will pay a little more attention to detail...

Brian Greb
02-24-2010, 3:30 PM
Brian, you were right, you have the prefect sled. Your other tables and cabinets/shelves are outstanding. What are you working on now?

You do great work, Sam

Thank you Sam.

...currently I'm building some custom cabinets for a laundry room(that's a paying job) I'm also working on two Krenovian cabinets(speculative work)... I'm also doing some turned pieces to relax at night...

.......Oh and in my spare spare time I'm building computer desk in the Greene & Greene style with art deco touches(non paying non speculative)... here is the top so far.

Stephen Edwards
02-24-2010, 5:32 PM
Brian, That's a beautiful sled AND workbench/out feed table! If you don't mind I have a question about the out feed table, please.

What's the function of the two dados in the work bench that are perpendicular to the dados for the the miter bars?

Again, outstanding project(s) in all respects. Thanks for sharing with us.

Brian Greb
02-24-2010, 7:24 PM
Brian, That's a beautiful sled AND workbench/out feed table! If you don't mind I have a question about the out feed table, please.

What's the function of the two dados in the work bench that are perpendicular to the dados for the the miter bars?

Again, outstanding project(s) in all respects. Thanks for sharing with us.

They are ash inlays for the dog runs... MDF mushrooms up over time so i decided to reinforce the dog runs with some hard wood.