PDA

View Full Version : Freeman Nailers

Raymond Fries
02-22-2010, 4:50 PM
I am getting ready to buy a brad nailer and compressor. I pretty much decided to get the PC combo...

... and then the new Woodcraft flyer came out advertising the Freeman nailers. The 18 ga and 23 ga for $75. Sounds pretty good. But the best price is not always the best decision.

Does anyone have these? Are they OK? DO they perform as well as PC?

Dale Coons
02-22-2010, 5:28 PM
those same nailers were a 1 day christmas special for $49. now for the same price, but never bit because i'd never heard of them.

Jamie Cowan
02-22-2010, 5:31 PM
I picked up the 23 gauge pinner a couple weeks ago. Haven't used it for a project yet, but worked okay when I tried it out. No real expert on pneumatic fasteners (understatement), but it bothers me a little that there is no presser foot to engage the trigger. You can shoot the thing at the wall, the compressor, your head, the floor, a neighbor walking by...

Raymond Fries
02-22-2010, 7:00 PM
I was not aware of the foot feature to engage the trigger. Sounds like a little extra care will be needed to operate this one.

I feel pretty sure it would be a nice nailer. I have never bought junk from Woodcraft.

Curt Harms
02-23-2010, 8:50 AM
I picked up the 23 gauge pinner a couple weeks ago. Haven't used it for a project yet, but worked okay when I tried it out. No real expert on pneumatic fasteners (understatement), but it bothers me a little that there is no presser foot to engage the trigger. You can shoot the thing at the wall, the compressor, your head, the floor, a neighbor walking by...

I bought an Air Locker 23 ga. pinner for cheap when they first became available. It has the "foot" safety. There was at least one time I wish it didn't. I was tacking some trim on a window surround that was recessed. The nose of the gun would have fit fine, the ring on the "foot" didn't, at least not very well. Trying to finish driving a 23 ga. pin with a countersink is frustrating to say the least. I suspect that's the reason most pinners don't have the "foot" type safety. The Senco FinishPro 10 doesn't appear to have any kind of safety, the Bostitch HP118K has two triggers, hold one and squeeze the other.
143001 143002