PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Magazine

Brian Shutter
10-29-2004, 2:59 PM
Anybody have any inside info on this magazine?

http://www.woodcraftmagazine.com/

I was tempted to subscribe right away, but decided I'd wait until I see an issue first. Their premier issue will be out on November 26th.

Greg Heppeard
10-29-2004, 3:17 PM
It's supposed to be a good mag. I know that they aren't heavily promoting Woodcraft. I haven't seen the first edition yet, but will soon. I manage one of the stores so..... We did have an hour long meeting about it last June at the annual trade show. I'm looking forward to see if they have fresh new views on woodworking.

Rich Konopka
10-29-2004, 3:31 PM
It's supposed to be a good mag. I know that they aren't heavily promoting Woodcraft. I haven't seen the first edition yet, but will soon. I manage one of the stores so..... We did have an hour long meeting about it last June at the annual trade show. I'm looking forward to see if they have fresh new views on woodworking.

I hope it does provide "fresh new views on woodworking" because it is desparately needed. Also, for $6 + an issue through subscription price it will have to be a standout to compete. I personally am tired of most of my subscriptions and are letting all of them lapse except FWW and WW@Home DVD.

Roger Barga
10-29-2004, 4:05 PM
I hope it does provide "fresh new views on woodworking" because it is desparately needed. Also, for $6 + an issue through subscription price it will have to be a standout to compete. I personally am tired of most of my subscriptions and are letting all of them lapse except FWW and WW@Home DVD.

I agree - I've let all of my subscriptions lapse with the exception of FWW. How do you like WW@Home? Interested in hearing more about this one.

Rich Konopka
10-29-2004, 4:22 PM
I agree - I've let all of my subscriptions lapse with the exception of FWW. How do you like WW@Home? Interested in hearing more about this one.

Let me put this way. I started my subscription and really enjoyed the first issue that I went ahead and ordered all of the issues I missed. I don't think anyone will disagree with me in that it is a very good magazine that continues to improve every issue.

Roger Barga
10-29-2004, 4:29 PM
Let me put this way. I started my subscription and really enjoyed the first issue that I went ahead and ordered all of the issues I missed. I don't think anyone will disagree with me in that it is a very good magazine that continues to improve every issue.

Thanks Rich, I'll check it out. roger