PDA

View Full Version : 1990's Delta contractor saw

mark kosse
02-22-2010, 9:13 AM
Guys, I have a chance to get a Delta contractor saw with a Biesimier fence on it for a reasonable price. One problem, no belt currently on it. Can anyone tell me what belt goes on it so I can take one with me to try it out. Th owner said we can plug the motor in and run it but I'd like to see it start the saw.

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy or lack too much info. I think the belt should be about the same on any type 1 or 2 saw.

Thanks, Mark

mark kosse
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
no one? know where I can look it up?

Jeremy Killingbeck
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I just replaced the belt on my 2008 Delta contractor saw & I think that it was a 1/2" x 40" belt, but it might have been a 42". I put a link belt on, so I don't know what it was exactly. I can try and measure it when I get home latter tonight.

Jim Terrill
02-22-2010, 11:38 AM
The 1/2" link belt should fit fine, can't tell you exactly how long, but you can pick it up at woodcraft or rockler. My delta contractor is about the same vintage and I had to replace the stock belt with a link belt because it had not been used in 10 years and the belt was pretty badly set in its ways

Jason White
02-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Get a "link" belt at Woodcraft or Rockler. You can add or remove links to make it the size you need. They often work better than factory belts anyway.

Pictures attached.

Jason

Guys, I have a chance to get a Delta contractor saw with a Biesimier fence on it for a reasonable price. One problem, no belt currently on it. Can anyone tell me what belt goes on it so I can take one with me to try it out. Th owner said we can plug the motor in and run it but I'd like to see it start the saw.

I hope this doesn't sound too crazy or lack too much info. I think the belt should be about the same on any type 1 or 2 saw.

Thanks, Mark

mark kosse
02-22-2010, 2:09 PM
I called Circle Saw and found out it is a 44" b belt.