PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Julie Nickerson
02-21-2010, 7:57 AM
Hello everyone. I registered for this forum back in December. I've been lurking and trolling since then. I think it's about time that I say hi. And wow to this forum. Lots of information and lots of helpful people here.

I'm in Nova Scotia. I've been in business for almost 12 years. I've owned my laser for the last 4 and still feel like a newb with it. Before then it was a New Hermes rotary engraver. I also do embroidery and dabble a bit with sublimation printing, sure not feeling the love for sublimation.

Dan Hintz
02-21-2010, 9:07 AM
Welcome, Julie... you'll open up a whole new world of learning with your laser now that you've come here. Plenty of Canucks on the board, so don't be shy :)

Darryl Hazen
02-21-2010, 9:08 AM
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the Creek. Lots of good helpful people here.

Tony Lenkic
02-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi Julie, and welcome to the SMC forum.

Phyllis Meyer
02-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Glad to have you here. This is the best site for wonderful information, sharing, advice...welcome, and so glad you are a member!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Randy Digby
02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Good to have you active here. There's just a wealth of information shared here.

Bill Cunningham
02-21-2010, 3:14 PM
Where abouts in N.S. are you Julie...
and Welcome to the forum..

Julie Nickerson
02-21-2010, 8:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)
I see that there is tons of wonderful people on here willing to share and for free to. I like free :)
Bill, I'm in south west Nova Scotia, about an hour south of Yarmouth.

Andrea Weissenseel
02-22-2010, 2:38 AM
Hi Julie, welcome to the Creek :) I also do embroidery and lasering

Andrea

Julie Nickerson
02-22-2010, 7:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome Andrea :)
Do you find that you get your exercise running from one machine to the other?

Andrea Weissenseel
02-22-2010, 8:14 AM
unfortunately they are too close to get a good run :D

Julie Nickerson
02-22-2010, 9:03 AM
My business is in the basement of my home. I have one room for the engraving and one room for the embroidery. I'm usually running back and forth and I also have boxes of stuff laying about (sorting and cleaning) so I'm jumping hurdles as I go. It gets me out of breath lol

john passek
02-23-2010, 2:51 AM
Welcome Julie
You've come to the right forum for information.
I don't think I have seen any question go unanswered here.
John

Dan Hintz
02-23-2010, 6:58 AM
I don't think I have seen any question go unanswered here.
Sure, but were the answers given correct? :p

Bill Cunningham
02-23-2010, 8:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)
I see that there is tons of wonderful people on here willing to share and for free to. I like free :)
Bill, I'm in south west Nova Scotia, about an hour south of Yarmouth.

An hour south of Yarmouth would put you quite a ways out into the Tusket Basin:eek: I assume you mean an hour down 103.. :D My wife is from Weymouth, and we still have family scattered Digby to Lunenburg.. I hope your all dug out of the Snowstorm..

Frank Defert
02-23-2010, 9:33 PM
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to learn and get help whenever you need it. I am on the other coast from you , just outside Vancouver.

Frank

Julie Nickerson
02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks again for the warm welcome :)
I've been browsing and soaking up the knowledge and taking notes. The information that is shared on here is amazing.

Bill, lol I guess that would put me in Tusket Basin. I'm on Cape Island. I have family scattered in Yarmouth and Digby, none in Lunenburg :D
I also have family scattered in Ontario. Do you and your wife get to NS much?