PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 30-240 20" Drillpress Table

Ken Massingale
02-21-2010, 7:50 AM
Any of you with this DP made a table for it? I see a little different challenge than 'normal' DP tables. Thanks

http://www.poplarbranch.net/images/30-240.JPG

Jeffrey Makiel
02-22-2010, 8:23 AM
I'm not sure why the many drill press tables shown on this forum can not be readily adapted to your drill press. The only difference I see is the distance from the column to the drill bit center being increased to support a 20" swing versus the typical 17" swing.

Also, the large cast iron table on your drill press is really nice. It should significantly reduce any flex in the add-on table attachment.

I recommend that you do a search at SMC and download a bunch of pics. Then choose the features you like and draw up a design. There are also a bunch of vendors that sell tee track, knobs and clamps/stops too: Woodpeckers, Woodcraft, and Rockler are just a few.

-Jeff :)

Van Huskey
02-22-2010, 1:56 PM
Just another case of woodworkers having to deal with metal working DPs. Up until recently there really weren't any DPs designed for woodworkers. Either buy or build a table to attach to the current one.

Ken Massingale
02-22-2010, 2:43 PM
Thanks for the replies Jeff and Van.
I was mostly interested in owner experiences attaching to the table. I was thinking of using the factory t-slots but now think I will put a frame for the factory table on the bottom side of the one I build.

Van Huskey
02-22-2010, 3:02 PM
Thanks for the replies Jeff and Van.
I was mostly interested in owner experiences attaching to the table. I was thinking of using the factory t-slots but now think I will put a frame for the factory table on the bottom side of the one I build.

I would put Ttrak on the bottom of my new table then use clamps that fit in the tracks to attach it to the metal table. I think some of the pre-made tables are made this way.