PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0490 Outfeed table question

Adam Carl
02-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I am setting up my Grizzly G0490 Jointer and I'm curious if the outfeed table is suppose to travel as the infeed table does? I can move it slightly to allign it with the cutter head but it has very little travel. Granted you really don't need to move it but I can't figure out what keeps it in place. Why did the bother putting a handle on it?

And like everyone else I am having belt rattle on shut down. Tightening the belt and the set srews has help but the noise is still there.

Mike Goetzke
02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
If you look at the back there are two bolts with jamb nuts to limit or fix the bed position.

Adam Carl
02-22-2010, 8:03 PM
If you look at the back there are two bolts with jamb nuts to limit or fix the bed position.

I'm guessing I just didn't loosen the them enough because I tried that. I'll give it another try.

Jason Hanko
02-22-2010, 8:21 PM
I'm guessing I just didn't loosen the them enough because I tried that. I'll give it another try.
That would be my guess - with the two stop screws loosened completely I get a large (>1'') range of travel on my outfeed table.
Once you get the outfeed table where you want it though, Id tighten those babies right back up - you dont really want that moving once you get it set.

glenn bradley
02-22-2010, 8:40 PM
No need to guess, page 36 in your manual covers this. Why are you adjusting it anyway? Is it not coplaner with the infeed table already? Possibly just tuning the height with the knives? Mine was scary aligned right out of the crate (G0490X).

Don't mistake a fence adjustment for a table adjustment. More than one new owner has gone down that road. Adjust the tables to each other (if required) and the cutters to the outfeed table. Leave the fence out of it and don't be misguided. ;-)

Adam Carl
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone. I just needed to loosen the bolts all the way and now it moves as expected. Now I can set it and never touch it again!