PDA

View Full Version : Kreg fence on a Rikon bandsaw

David Christopher
02-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Glad to hear that you like your new fence,,,,,Im going to get one soon

Jim Dunn
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
For all of you that asked I have attached some additional photos showing how I attached the Kreg fence to a Rikon saw. Please note that I do not have to disassemble the fence to change blades.

I used 2 2" 1/4-20 bolts and 4 nuts. Washers were used on the inside of the table only as they interfered with the fence on the outside.

Basically I made threaded studs much like the kind that were on the saw to begin with. As I recall they weren't long enough to work on the new fence? It's been 2 years since I installed the Kreg and I just don't remember.

The only thing about this fence on this saw is that the original is longer and slightly wider so it doesn't fall into the mitre slot.

Good luck

David Christopher
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I see no pics:confused:

Jim Dunn
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
I see no pics:confused:

Fixed:o And since I have to say more than 10 characters here they are.:D

David Christopher
02-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Jim, I have that same saw, that fence looks wayyyyyy better than the one that comes with the saw...have you got to use it yet ?

Jim Dunn
02-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Absolutely. I've resawn about 50' of soft maple for the rockers on a horse for my grandkids. Recently I've resawn some cherry and hard maple for other projects. Really like the fence.

My only complaint is bearing noise. I not sure if it's a wheel bearing or a thrust/guide bearing.

Bernie May
02-21-2010, 1:20 AM
I had some noise from my deluxe 14" Rikon and finally I hand moved each bearing and located the lower bearing that was frozen. Turns out the bearings are standard skateboard bearings. took one of my son's bearings and wowser, my saw is much quieter.

Ted Drain
02-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the pic's Jim. I just bought this saw and was looking for a better fence. Just and FYI for anyone that might be considering this (I think this has already been posted in the deals forum) - Woodcraft is selling the Kreg fence with a Kreg 7" resaw bar for free and free shipping and $10 off right now. My price for the fence and the resaw bar was $98 out the door.

Neil Russell
03-18-2014, 8:51 AM
I used this idea, but chose to drill one 5/16" hole in the Kreg fence to pick up the left most hole in the bandsaw table. I used 5/16" x 2" bolts in the same manner as described below - as studs so I can quickly (?) remove the fence for blade changes with only minor re-adjustment. The hole was drilled on 18.75" center to center from the extreme right hand hole that was already in the Kreg fence. HTH.

For all of you that asked I have attached some additional photos showing how I attached the Kreg fence to a Rikon saw. Please note that I do not have to disassemble the fence to change blades.

I used 2 2" 1/4-20 bolts and 4 nuts. Washers were used on the inside of the table only as they interfered with the fence on the outside.

Basically I made threaded studs much like the kind that were on the saw to begin with. As I recall they weren't long enough to work on the new fence? It's been 2 years since I installed the Kreg and I just don't remember.

The only thing about this fence on this saw is that the original is longer and slightly wider so it doesn't fall into the mitre slot.

Good luck