PDA

View Full Version : Latest couple of collaborative vessels

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-20-2010, 9:12 PM
Here's Our latest collaborative pieces. Both are Hard Maple.
The Blue one is 6 5/8" tall & 5"dia. The other one is 12" tall 6 1/4" dia.
So what do you think of these?
We'll have another one that's 22 1/2" tall hickory that I think has some specular grain coming soon, so watch for it.
Thanks for looking.

John Keeton
02-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Joe, check the listed dimension on the first bowl.?!? Both are nice, but the wood really shows well in the second one and that would be my pic. But, you do some awesome work with the coloration and finish!!

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Joe, check the listed dimension on the first bowl.?!? Both are nice, but the wood really shows well in the second one and that would be my pic. But, you do some awesome work with the coloration and finish!!
Thanks John.
The dimensions are correct. The Blue & black one is 6 & 5/8" tall & 5" dia.

Bill Bolen
02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Beautiful pieces both Joe but that blue one knocks my socks off. What great finishes you have...Bill..

Bernie Weishapl
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Beautiful vases Joe. Really like both and the colored on is really nice.

Steve Schlumpf
02-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Joe - as always - very nice work! Both of these vases are outstanding! I find myself drawn to the Blue and Black one - not because of the outstanding finish but because of the the elongated neck. Really makes the form!

Mark Hubl
02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Very nice pieces. Finish is great. You do not mention who your collaborator is? I may have missed this on previous posts.

David E Keller
02-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Beautiful form on both and two more "wow" finishes. I think I prefer the natural one.

Richard Madison
02-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Pretty nice stuff Joe! I could guess they were yours from the pictures. How finished?

John Keeton
02-21-2010, 6:22 AM
Thanks John.
The dimensions are correct. The Blue & black one is 6 & 5/8" tall & 5" dia.Talk about an optical illusion!! They both look proportionately about the same - a bit taller than wide. Yet the second one is twice as tall as it is wide!?

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-21-2010, 7:28 AM
Very nice pieces. Finish is great. You do not mention who your collaborator is? I may have missed this on previous posts.
Thanks Mark
My collaborator is Steve Sinner. Steve started mentoring me a little over 2 yrs ago. Now we work on collaborative pieces together about once a week.
I'm still learning from Steve. You can not spend any time with Steve and Not Learn something new every day your with him.
I am truly fortunate to have Steve as a FRIEND & Mentor & take me in under his wing to start working with him.

Roland Martin
02-21-2010, 8:16 AM
These are two very fine pieces, while the forms are great, the finish is outstanding.

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-21-2010, 8:21 AM
Joe - as always - very nice work! Both of these vases are outstanding! I find myself drawn to the Blue and Black one - not because of the outstanding finish but because of the the elongated neck. Really makes the form!
Thanks Steve.
I find myself drawn to the form of the Black & Bule one myself.

Jeff Nicol
02-21-2010, 9:25 AM
Joe, The finish on them is very nice! The depth and shine is incredible. Tho colors are nice and add some different class to otherwise plain wood, grain is nice but embellishments really set things off.

Great pieces,

Jeff

charlie knighton
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
very nice, Joe, who do you do the collaborative vessels with???

i am with John on the dimensions, hard for me to see those sizes

Joe Meirhaeghe
02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
very nice, Joe, who do you do the collaborative vessels with???

i am with John on the dimensions, hard for me to see those sizes
True Story!!!!
See post # 12 about my Collaborative partner.

charlie knighton
02-21-2010, 1:32 PM
I am truly fortunate to have Steve as a FRIEND & Mentor & take me in under his wing to start working with him.

yes you are, thanks for sharing

they sure are shiny

Brian Effinger
02-21-2010, 2:29 PM
Beautiful vases, Joe. The forms are perfect, but I am really drawn to the "natural" one. I just like seeing the grain.