PDA

View Full Version : What's the best price for Jet 1642

Nick Mastropietro
02-20-2010, 2:57 PM
Well I thought I wanted a Delta 46-460 but then the vortex spun up by creek members has caused me to pause.... I think it's the Jet 1642 evs now. The best price I have been able to find is Toolnut at $1649.00 free shipping or Amazon $1652.00 Free shipping. Does anyone know of a better price available or a creative way to get one. I'm holding on with all my might however I fear the vortex will suck me in before my judgement is sure, helllllllp meeee pleeeeeeze! before it's too late.

Bernie Weishapl
02-20-2010, 3:43 PM
I think you will find Sean at Toolnut gives the best prices I have seen. I have known him to meet or beat most prices.

Chris Stolicky
02-20-2010, 8:43 PM
That sounds like its about the best price you'll get these days.

Rich Aldrich
02-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Nick,

I just bought the Jet 1642 from Amazon. Free shipping to your threshold (free liftgate service). I wasnt home yesterday, so I had them deliver it to the paper mill where I work and picked it up last night.

It is in parts in the shop right now and will be assembled tomorrow.

Tools plus also had the lathe for$1649 with $6.50 shipping.

David E Keller
02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
1+ for Sean and Toolnut... OUTSTANDING service. I got my mustard there, and it'll be my first choice for future tool purchases.

Mike Ragsdale
02-20-2010, 11:19 PM
I have a new Klingspor catalog they are currently having a sale on Jet and Powermatic equipment and it says free shipping. All they have priced in the ad is Powermatic equipment so you will have to check with them on the 1642 price.

Richard Madison
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
ToolNut seems to have an excellent reputation among Creekers. Amazon sent me a complete new lathe when I had some problems with my 1642EVS2. Sadly they required me to return the original lathe, but there was no extra shipping charge. Once you are in the $1,650 area, customer service is more important than a few $$ + or -. Just an opinion.

Paul Singer
03-03-2010, 8:14 AM
Is the a price for the 2 horsepower or the 1.5 horsepower.

Nick Mastropietro
03-03-2010, 8:53 AM
George; Sean at Toolnut is a great guy to work with; you might want to call them (1-877-866-5688) and ask about the March Jet-Powermatic sale. 2 weeks ago I paid $1649.00 for 1.5hp version shipped and to my good fortune they have a 30 day price guarantee so I'm expecting to receive some sort of a rebate soon. I'll bet they will have the, if not the lowest, one of the lowest prices on this item. Even if they are slightly higher I would buy for him, they are great to creekers. Hope this helps.

Paul Singer
03-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have talked with Sean and thats why I asked you the question. I was originally quote $1934 for the 2 hp version including shipping so when I saw your price I wanted to see what was up. I checked with him when I saw the sale coming up and he came in with $1827 with shipping. I just sent him an E-Mail asking for the 1.5 hp price because I am not sure I need the 2 hp unit. It appears most if not all people who have the 1.5 hp version are happy with the power. You should get around $100 back I would think.

One question on delivery. How did they deliver the unit? Did they have a power tail gate or some way to get it to the ground?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Nick Mastropietro
03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi George; I live on a (ok here goes sp?) culdesac and this driver came down there with an 18 wheeler and had to back it all the out, ya and he did in one smooth shot - good driver. Ok back to the point - the truck had a lift gate, he pallet jacked it and rolled it into my garage - sweet. If I remember right the company was Estes or something like that. $100.00 cash back - now let's see what will I spend that on, I wonder. Truth be known I should spend it on the LOL she's pretty good to me.

Jake Helmboldt
03-03-2010, 2:24 PM
Hi George; I live on a (ok here goes sp?) culdesac and this driver came down there with an 18 wheeler and had to back it all the out, ya and he did in one smooth shot - good driver. Ok back to the point - the truck had a lift gate, he pallet jacked it and rolled it into my garage - sweet. If I remember right the company was Estes or something like that. $100.00 cash back - now let's see what will I spend that on, I wonder. Truth be known I should spend it on the LOL she's pretty good to me.

Nick, if you're smart you'll double that cash back and spend $200 on her. Better than money in the bank!;)

Congrats on the lathe and thanks for the heads up on the March sale. I think I'll finally make the leap this month.