PDA

View Full Version : Chunky table

Jeff Wittrock
02-20-2010, 1:39 PM
This is a table I made a couple years ago. Nothing special about the table and I pulled up the pictures today just because I remember that I made it from 2X4s I picked up at a local Borg.

I'm getting ready to make a roll around tool cabinet for my shop, and was hunting today for some clear SYP. I can usually rummage through the piles and find a couple a week. I sure wish I could find more like the ones I used on this table.

The table went to Saint Vincent DePaul because my wife thought it was to "Chunky" for the house. She was probably right, but I do miss the pine.

Andrew Gibson
02-20-2010, 7:03 PM
Goes to show that you can make great furniture out of just about any lumber if you know what your looking for.

I like it.

Van Huskey
02-21-2010, 1:03 AM
Goes to show that you can make great furniture out of just about any lumber if you know what your looking for.

I like it.

Agreed, reminds me of what people have done with reclaimed pallets, which I had never thought of using.

Jim Dunn
02-21-2010, 9:05 AM
my wife thought it was to "Chunky" for the house.

Just hope you don't gain enough weight to be called "chunky" she'll be sending you to the auction as well.:p

Nice looking table by the way.;)

John Thompson
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Chunky for a home but.. not necessarily for a bar where rock solid is a virtue. ;) Great exercise in joinery and yes... that is some pretty clear SYP as I live in the land of SYP.