PDA

View Full Version : GO690 availability

Van Huskey
02-19-2010, 3:41 PM
Right before the last 1023 thread was closed someone posted this:

"The G01023Z is also discontinued and no longer available. The replacement for the G01023 series, the G01023RL is back ordered until May 11. Just spoke to customer service 10 mins ago. The G0690 is also back ordered and due in the first week in March.
Not many options at Grizzly for the 1023 buyer that are in stock."

I just wanted people to be aware that Shiraz posted the reply below a day or two ago so the 690 may actually be available IF you can get the right person on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hough http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1347656#post1347656)
"We are currently out of stock of the G0691 Cabinet Saw and expect to receive a shipment on approximately March 26, 2010. "

/sigh

This is actually a big problem for me. We have a floor going in and I need the saw. Unfortunately I have plans to sell my current saw this weekend... ARGH!

update --- so now I'm seriously looking at the Laguna. It irks me to pay that much more in shipping, but some of the cost is offset by the fact that they are offering free shipping this month. It is still about $200 more though. The customer service complaints I've read about are really the biggest concern I have...

any other options? am I being far too impatient? should I just wait? I'm very impulsive by nature and this is the first thing I've spent a ton of time researching. My biggest fear is that I'll do something stupid between now and March 26... like buy a new guitar, or amplifier. lol.

Below is the reply from Shiraz:

"Bob - We have them in stock and QC is checking them out (routine with all shipments). The machines should release soon and yours will go out. Sorry about the misinformation, and thank you for the business."

Jason White
02-19-2010, 3:45 PM
March is only a few days away. Have a little patience. Grizzly sells very nice saws that are worth the wait. Also, just because something is "backordered" for several months doesn't mean much, because they usually get them much sooner. They're giving you the worst case scenario, which is actually a good idea instead of making promises they can't keep.

On the subject of Grizzly -- PLEASE STOP THE GRIZZLY BASHING! It's getting really old, guys.

Jason

Right before the last 1023 thread was closed someone posted this:

"The G01023Z is also discontinued and no longer available. The replacement for the G01023 series, the G01023RL is back ordered until May 11. Just spoke to customer service 10 mins ago. The G0690 is also back ordered and due in the first week in March.
Not many options at Grizzly for the 1023 buyer that are in stock."

I just wanted people to be aware that Shiraz posted the reply below a day or two ago so the 690 may actually be available IF you can get the right person on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hough http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1347656#post1347656)
"We are currently out of stock of the G0691 Cabinet Saw and expect to receive a shipment on approximately March 26, 2010. "

/sigh

This is actually a big problem for me. We have a floor going in and I need the saw. Unfortunately I have plans to sell my current saw this weekend... ARGH!

update --- so now I'm seriously looking at the Laguna. It irks me to pay that much more in shipping, but some of the cost is offset by the fact that they are offering free shipping this month. It is still about $200 more though. The customer service complaints I've read about are really the biggest concern I have...

any other options? am I being far too impatient? should I just wait? I'm very impulsive by nature and this is the first thing I've spent a ton of time researching. My biggest fear is that I'll do something stupid between now and March 26... like buy a new guitar, or amplifier. lol.

Below is the reply from Shiraz:

"Bob - We have them in stock and QC is checking them out (routine with all shipments). The machines should release soon and yours will go out. Sorry about the misinformation, and thank you for the business."

Dave Lee NC
02-19-2010, 6:01 PM
Grizzly does seem to have a problem keeping up with what they have in inventory. I tried to purchase a 0634 jointer/planer a few weeks ago. Was told that it was discountinued and no longer available. About a week later it was posted on here that one was in stock and order was being canceled. I again called and tried to purchase that one. Was told it was discontinued and none in stock and none coming in. Ordered a Jet. Today saw 0634 on Grizzly site again and when I checked this afternoon it is in stock. Oh well I tried to purchase from them..