PDA

View Full Version : Free labor offered to Portable sawmill; SouthEast Virginia area

john hanes
10-28-2004, 2:26 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to see how a portable sawmill operation works, so I'm offering free labor on some weekend in my area of southeast virginia (hampton roads).

I want to help you go from trees to boards!

any takers? please post.

Jim Stastny
10-29-2004, 5:55 PM
John,

How far are you willing to travel? I have a sawyer friend who lives in Maryland in the Germantown area (30 miles N. of DC).

JayStPeter
10-29-2004, 6:20 PM
Jim, how far does you friend travel? I have a friend here (in Hollywood, MD) who wants to have 5 or 6 big oak logs sawn. If your friend does this for people, PM me with contact info.

Thanks

Jay

Keith Outten
10-29-2004, 7:37 PM
John,

My neighbor has a Woodmizer mill, although it isn't a portable sawmill it may be of interest. I could arrange a visit for you and you wouldn't have to work...unless you want to work that is.

Gloucester County is less than 30 miles for you if you take Route 17 North.

john hanes
10-30-2004, 7:59 PM
Jim,

That might be a bit far for me to go unless I can't find something closer.

Thanks for your reply

john hanes
10-30-2004, 8:04 PM
Keith,

That sounds like fun. I like to get my hands dirty, so of course I would like to work! If your friend doesn't mind, I'd like to see his operation sometime when I have a weekend free. my email is johnhanes@mac.com.

Thanks, John

Keith Christopher
10-30-2004, 8:45 PM
Well I'm about to jump on the wagon here. My grandmothers place has a walnut hat was damaged by a recent wind storm so if someone want to come saw it I'll not only help but part with some of this 40+ yr old wood.