PDA

View Full Version : step plate for boat

James Rambo
02-19-2010, 1:56 PM
I had a customer ask me to make a step plate for an old boat he is remodeling. It is 3.25 X 9.5 inch rubberized step with a metal frame around it. I am to make it look similar to the original that had 2groves in the length with the boat makers name between the groves. isthere a better type of laser friendly material suited for this type work. It probably will not be stepped on or get salt water on it. The boat is being rebuilt for show only. THANKS Jaime.

Mark Winlund
02-19-2010, 7:41 PM
Sounds like a job for a rotary.

Mark

Bill Cunningham
02-21-2010, 1:31 PM
I had a customer ask me to make a step plate for an old boat he is remodeling. It is 3.25 X 9.5 inch rubberized step with a metal frame around it. I am to make it look similar to the original that had 2groves in the length with the boat makers name between the groves. isthere a better type of laser friendly material suited for this type work. It probably will not be stepped on or get salt water on it. The boat is being rebuilt for show only. THANKS Jaime.

I'm wondering if something like King Starboard (http://www.kingstarboard.com/Products/Starboard.aspx) would work for that. The web page says King StarBoardŽ is made entirely from FDA- and USDA-approved materials. So it's probably does not contain PVC, and it comes in plenty of colours..