PDA

View Full Version : Going to build Router TAble

Matthew Curtis
02-19-2010, 10:38 AM
I am going to build my own Router Table. I was wondering if everyone had some ideas as to where to buy the parts needed. (T-track, Miter track, fence, etc)
I have looked on-line at a couple of places, and I am looking for an affordable place to order from. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Wilkins
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Get together all the parts you will need in a list, and go to a couple of catalog web sites. Add the list when you are finished. You may find that the total meets or exceeds the cost of a pre-built unit. Maybe. I built my own cabinet, but used a Woodpeckers table top and fence arrangement. You may try to find an article in FineWoodworking archives on router tables for some ideas and tips. Good luck and watch those fingers.

Don Morris
02-19-2010, 3:36 PM
There are router table parts at rockler.com, woodcraft.com and woodpeck.com. Additionally, sommerfelfdtools.com has his own fence to mention a few. Affordable??? Compare prices and features is what I do. I've bought from all of the above depending on price/feature/quality/shipping costs. There seems to be no one place that is the hands down beats everybody everytime.