PDA

View Full Version : File Help Needed

Frank Defert
02-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I received a scanned file of a drawing that was saved as a tiff and as a pdf. I am unable to import either into Corel no matter what I try.
All I am trying to do is trace this and create a vector cdr file so that I can cut it out of acrylic.
Could someone please take a look and then let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Frank

P.S. the tiff file was rejected as invalid when I tried tto attatch it, and the pdf seemed to be ok.

weldon gibbons
02-19-2010, 1:14 AM
Here you go, try this. File has both the imported .pdf and a traced vector. (If I got it attached right.)

Frank Defert
02-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Thank you for your help Weldon, it's going to work great!

Now can you share with me what you had to do and or what I was doing wrong please.

Frank

weldon gibbons
02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Actually, I didn't do anything special. The .pdf file imported OK, then did a trace. Can't claim any special knowledge or capabilities.

Larry Bratton
02-20-2010, 2:36 PM
I tried it with X3 and also got an error. "Error while decompressing a stream" it said. I did however open it with Photoshop no problem. I sometimes find Photoshop can open files that Corel can't or won't, especially files that are Adobe type files.Example- Photoshop will open an Illustrator file as a bitmap and then it can be saved and them imported into Corel.