PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Performax 16-32 Infeed Belt Tracking

Mathew Nedeljko
10-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Help!!!

My new Performax 16-32 drum sander arrived yesterday! I got it assembled to the point where I installed the infeed belt assembly and turned it turned it on full speed to check the belt tension and tracking.

I immediately noticed that the belt was tracking off to the left. :mad: I followed the instruction manual directions closely to adjust the belt tension, but no matter how tight or loose I had the left side of the follower roller adjusted, I couldn't get the belt to track back to the right.

Any advice on what is wrong? :confused:

Mat

PS...I have pics and will post once I have the machine up and running.

Donnie Raines
10-28-2004, 12:40 PM
At one time I had the same unit. My belt pretty much did the same thing as your. Performax sent me a new "roller aligment guide"...not sure what else to call it...and it worked like a champ after that. The issue was the roller could not be adjusted...thus there was an issue within the guide assembly.

Mike Mortenson
10-28-2004, 3:05 PM
I also have the same sander and it seems to take several revolutions for the belt to move over. Be sure you dont tighten the belt too much. They actually reccomend it to be a little loose. Sometimes you need to adjust both sides by loosening one and tightening the other.

Donnie Raines
10-28-2004, 3:23 PM
Mike is right. Once I had the new gizmo on, I had to jokey back-n-forth to get it right.

Dennis McDonaugh
10-28-2004, 3:28 PM
I've never got mine to track really straight, but it moves so slowly to the side I let it go one way for awhile, then tight/loosen the adjustment a little so it goes back the other way.

Mathew Nedeljko
10-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Well, I talked to the technical support folks at Performax this afternoon, and they thought my problem was one of the rollers was not in the same vertical plane as the table. Well sounded like a reasonable explanation to me, so tonight I took the infeed table off the sander, removed the belt and checked the height of the drive and follower rolls. I did make a minor adjustment at both ends, and I flipped the belt around as well. I put it back together again, and re-installed it, and the darn thing still tracks to the left.

No matter how I adjust it, whether I tighten or loosen one side or the other or both, I can't seem to get the belt to move over to the left even a little. I can only run it for about 3 minutes before the belt starts to buckle against the left side and I have to shut it down again.

I will definitely be placing a call to Performax again tomorrow. I've done about six hours of fiddling with this thing already, and I'd rather spend my time making dust than watching a belt:eek:

CPeter James
05-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a 25-2 Performax and have the same problem. I filed some adjustment in the roll mount and that seemed to help. My guess is that the roller adjustment "kit" amounts to the same thing. What happened on this?