PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to the KC wwing show this weekend?

Terry Hatfield
02-17-2010, 8:58 PM
I haven't been in a couple of years but am really looking forward to going this year. Hanging out with my buds from Overland Park and seeing both my kids to boot. Anyone one else going?

Terry

John McClanahan
02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I plan on going on Saturday.

John

Rich Johnson
02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
Was in the one in St Louis last weekend. Went on Friday the day it opened and it was wall to wall people. I was surprized by the initial turnout. Went to the cabinet making seminar by Sommerfeld good demonstartion on his router setup. Attended the Finishing seminar as well, was not impressed by the speaker though.

Dont be going looking for deals...there really isnt any. I was hoping I could pick up an 18v makita drill but the were going for list, same with the Kreig K3, heck i can get it at Rockler cheeper.

Still all in all was a good show....enjoy.

Mike Heidrick
02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Best deal I found in St. louis was 1/2" shank porter cable 1/8" roundover bits 5 for $20. They also had 14 degree porter cable dovetail bits 5 for $20 that are useful for half blind dovetails on the older omnijig. Problem is I have Whitesides from Brian at holbren.

Also bought the 144 piece acid brush (for glue) pack for $13.

Roy Wall
02-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I haven't been in a couple of years but am really looking forward to going this year. Hanging out with my buds from Overland Park and seeing both my kids to boot. Anyone one else going?

Terry

Terry -

We'll be meeting at La Peeps Restaurant for Breakfast - Saturday - like we've done for years (remember?). Usual cast of characters!

0800 Soldier --- be there!! (and bring a Show-n-tell Hand Tool)

Looking forward to it!

Chuck Saunders
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
I'll be at the KC Woodworkers guild booth on Sunday. I am again unable to make the breakfast Saturday, enjoy.
Chuck

Terry Hatfield
02-18-2010, 9:06 AM
Terry -

We'll be meeting at La Peeps Restaurant for Breakfast - Saturday - like we've done for years (remember?). Usual cast of characters!

Looking forward to it!

I'm already on the list, Roy!! Looking very forward to it. I'm bringing my type 2 Bedrock 4 1/2 just for grins and maybe another or 2.....just to irritate the purists that always think that I have over restored everything. :D See you there!!

t

Randy Henry
02-18-2010, 9:40 AM
I live about 2 hrs from there and do not know any of the specifics on this. If anybody would, can you please tell me where it is, times, etc., would like to go.
Thanks.

Aaron Wingert
02-18-2010, 9:42 AM
I'm looking forward to going Saturday morning. Although great bargains are sometimes hard to come by, it is still fun to walk through a huge building full of tools and woodworking gadgets. For the record, I don't need anything going in....But I bet I end up carrying all sorts of "needs" out!

Terry Hatfield
02-18-2010, 9:44 AM
I live about 2 hrs from there and do not know any of the specifics on this. If anybody would, can you please tell me where it is, times, etc., would like to go.
Thanks.

www.thewoodworkingshows.com

Terry Hatfield
02-18-2010, 9:46 AM
It's not really the deals that I go for but where I live we have no Rockler, Woodcraft or much of anything else other than Lowe's and HD. It's just the availability of the stuff that I go for not necessarily the price.

Rob Young
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Terry -

Looking forward to it!

Which one? There are two.
7218 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS
- or -
7936 Quivira Road, Lenexa, KS

Terry Hatfield
02-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Rob,

Hopeffully someone closer will chime in but I'm pretty sure it's the one in Overland Park. Bill Ward is the one that's always put together the breakfast.

I'll PM you his email in a minute.

t

Rob Young
02-18-2010, 1:29 PM
Which one? There are two.
7218 College Boulevard, Overland Park, KS
- or -
7936 Quivira Road, Lenexa, KS

It is the Overland Park restaurant. That was my best guess since the show is at the Overland Park International Trade Center on 115th.

Logan William
02-18-2010, 1:50 PM
I'll be there on Friday and if I can't get it all done in one day I'll head back for Saturday.

Terry Hatfield
02-18-2010, 10:43 PM
I guess the discussion was off topic. ?