PDA

View Full Version : Patterns for laser cut wedding invites/favors

Jamie Bell
02-17-2010, 2:35 PM
Hello! I have an Epilog 75W and a store in which we sell wedding supplies, among other things. Anyway, I want to start making laser cut wedding invitations and/or favors. Where can I find vector patterns that would be appropriate? Very lacy, almost like scroll saw patterns ? Can you find scroll saw patterns that you can use with CorelDraw X3?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dan Hintz
02-17-2010, 2:45 PM
I'm currently designing my own wedding card right now (as time permits). Four months to the wedding, less than one month before the SO gets so mad at me she orders them online from someone else. ;)

Your best bet is to look for scrollwork patterns online... Google Images is your friend.

Jamie Bell
02-17-2010, 2:50 PM
I have been trying to find such things....I will try images though, thanks! And congratulations on the upcoming wedding. My daughter is getting married in Sept and I've got lots to do for her as well. Good luck!

Martin Boekers
02-17-2010, 3:03 PM
If you have a wood shop like Rockler or Woodcraft close, you may stop by there. There carry a selection of books and magazines with scrollsaw patterns. You can find them online too, but you can't flip through the pages and see what patterns they have.

I would check scrapbooking shops locally also.

Most clip art collections have borders and frames you might find something there you like, since there vector you can take parts of the images rather easily.

Most newstands (even Walmart) have a large selection of magazines, usually there is a scrollsaw or two magazine there also.

Last but not least an good internet search may turn up a collection that fits your needs.

Marty

George D Gabert
02-17-2010, 5:13 PM
You might also try crochet patterns at the bookstore or craft store.

You also find doilies or doily patterns to scan and trace.

Regards
GDG

Jeanette Brewer
02-17-2010, 5:51 PM
Here's one to get you started:

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sc_weddinginvites.htm

Tania Duper
02-18-2010, 6:33 AM
Yes, Google images, but don't forget about bing.com

Here's a couple links to get you started as well (they will cost a few bucks but well worth a membership):
http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?search_group=&lang=en&searchterm=lace&x=16&y=13

http://www.123rf.com/search.php?word=lace+pattern&t_word=&t_lang=en&match=and&exclude=&cko=&imgtype=0&colorrange=0&colorhex=FF6600&exppl=0&orderby=&clcount=

Jamie Bell
02-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Thank you all!! The doily idea was a good one. Have a great day!

Joe Pelonio
02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
If you can find it, the old Corel 5.0 graphics CD had the best selection of including lots of those kinds of patterns.

Ian Stewart-Koster
03-16-2017, 9:07 AM
Six months ago I went through the same thought processes: our oldest daughter's upcoming wedding!
That happened last weekend-a terrific event!

The wedding invitations I debated looking for something easy, some vectors somneone else had vectorised etc, then i decided that I could copy stuff till the cows come home and it would still be someone else's work, really, and that some originality was in order instead.
My daughter found two pics on Instagram she liked the idea of, and we converted the idea into a composite something which then became modified into something I could laser, and they went down really well. Totally unique.

Jacob Pruitt
03-21-2017, 11:17 AM
Here is a site with quite a few free designs, including some 'gate cards'. i've used a few of them to vector cut cards. Pretty neat, just imports directly into corel draw

http://monicascreativeroom.se/

William Adams
03-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Just found this on-line generator for boxes --- some of them have special shapes which would be appropriate for a wedding:

http://www.templatemaker.nl/

(ad-supported, no affiliation)

Dave Sheldrake
03-22-2017, 2:34 AM
(as time permits).

I'm grassing you up to your Mrs ;) you gonna be in sooo much trouble brother ;)

Michael Hunter
03-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Do try not to just copy - something truly original is so much more satisfying!

I did stationery and favour boxes for both my daughters' weddings.
Fiona had the rose design and everyone loved it.

For Isobel I themed the whole wedding on vinyl - both she and her man are DJs.
The guests were amazed - had never seen anything like it. Much more satisfying for me than the rather traditional rose.
The vinyl theme carried over to cup-cake stands made out of records (with laser cut reinforcements) and to the cake itself (no lasering on that!)

Note that there is no glue holding the favour box together - just friction! (I hate glue - it gets in my hair and on my clothes).

John Noell
03-22-2017, 7:34 PM
Very very nice!

Charles Hawkins
03-22-2017, 11:25 PM
Hello! I have an Epilog 75W and a store in which we sell wedding supplies, among other things. Anyway, I want to start making laser cut wedding invitations and/or favors. Where can I find vector patterns that would be appropriate? Very lacy, almost like scroll saw patterns ? Can you find scroll saw patterns that you can use with CorelDraw X3?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try birdscards.com I used a file there to make my daughter's wedding invitations, and they turned out well. A lot of work, though as my old Epilog Summit couldn't cut more than one at a time, as it has only half the tube working. Good stuff, though!
Charlie

Jiten Patel
03-27-2017, 7:09 AM
I had to post on this one right - with a little thought and design flare the possibilities are endless!

Mike Null
03-27-2017, 7:41 AM
Jit

Your work is amazing!

Robert . Payne
03-27-2017, 8:24 AM
We tend to talk customers out of lace designs for wedding stuff because the cost is enormous due to the amount of time it takes to cut intricate shapes (granted we're not on a high speed system like a Galvo!)

Here's one of our faves though -- minimal with clear acrylic:

Jiten Patel
03-28-2017, 5:37 AM
Thanks Mike

Robert, we used to do that - but as our business and reputation has grown, so has our clientele, therefore budget is generally not even a conversation with the majority of our clients. Spending upwards of £30-50 per invitation is normal. Most of these are cut on our speedy 400 as out galvo is no redundant. We are looking at a better quality system such as the Trotec GS but the costs are pretty massive (£120k)

Robert . Payne
03-29-2017, 6:50 AM
Thanks Mike

Robert, we used to do that - but as our business and reputation has grown, so has our clientele, therefore budget is generally not even a conversation with the majority of our clients. Spending upwards of £30-50 per invitation is normal. Most of these are cut on our speedy 400 as out galvo is no redundant. We are looking at a better quality system such as the Trotec GS but the costs are pretty massive (£120k)

Ah yeah, down in New Zealand we need to find that market! So far we can get about $10-20 per invite but that's not nearly enough to cover any sort of lace. Also extremely slow on our VLS 4.60.

Don Corbeil
03-30-2017, 10:33 AM
Beautiful paperwork there, Jit.