PDA

View Full Version : Are mop wringers supposed to have boards in them?

Stephen Tashiro
02-17-2010, 12:01 PM
In public buildings, it is common to see the industrial style mop bucket on wheels with a mop wringer sitting in it. Often the janitors have placed a board in the mop wringer.

I have such a yellow plastic bucket and wringer that I used at home. The jaws of the wringer don't close all the way. The closest they get is about 1" from each other. It would not wring the mop dry enough. So I put a "1-by" board in the wringer and this works well.

This makes me wonder if the mop wringers are designed to have boards in them - or are they designed for extremely thick mops - or are public buildings supposed to be mopped with mops that are dripping wet?

David G Baker
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
I had one of the yellow plastic mop buckets, the mop heads that I had were quite thick. The jaws always did a great job of wringing the mop quite free of moisture. The board is a good idea if you have the thin mop heads but I have never seen one used in a commercial setting. I think my mop bucket had a couple of adjustments to compensate for different mops.

Rick Davidson
02-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Every time I have used these I also had a thick mop head. Never had issues getting it rung out.

Dave Ogren
02-17-2010, 1:25 PM
Stephan,

I have three (3) of the yellow (Rubber Maid) mop buckets. None of them have any adjustment, in fact there is small wings that leave a gap of about 1" of so. They make mops on a variety of weights (sizes). If I am using a smaller one I just spin the handle, turning the mop head into a spiral. That fills up the space and it works just fine.

Try it, it works.

Good Luck,

Dave