PDA

View Full Version : Geaux Tigers-Part 2

Bobby McCarley
10-28-2004, 6:48 AM
Awhile back I turned a bat out of purpleheart for a friend of mine who commisioned it for a LSU fan. After we completed it, he got another commision for one out of purpleheart and yellowheart. We completed it a couple of days ago. My friend did most of the work on this one and really enjoyed turning it (Hes the one holding the bat). Should be a big hit.

I hope these photos meet the requirements of the photo patrol. :)

John M. Cioffi
10-28-2004, 7:14 AM
Bobby,
Great bat! I love the colors. How long is it?
How did you glue that up?
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
John

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 8:07 AM
Cool, Bobby! I really like the effect of the two flavors of wood, particularly at the neck. Pretty neat. :) :cool:

Gary Max
10-28-2004, 8:09 AM
Real nice bat---Bet you get someone attention with that.

Rob Bourgeois
10-28-2004, 9:09 AM
That bat will look even better after they win the College World Series this year. ;)

Get bat, I really like the color transition at the knob.

Ted Shrader
10-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Bobby -

That layout/glueup is a pretty good idea. Well done. Did you put any special finish on it?

Ted

Bobby McCarley
10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the comments fellows, I appreciate them.

John, The bat is 34 in long. Mr Kelly, the one holding the bat took the wood to a cabinet shop and had the wood glued up and put under 800 lbs of pressure (I think thats what he told me). I don't remember what type of glue was used but it looked like a hide type of glue.

Ted, On the other bat we put several coats of Poly, I'm pretty sure he will use the same thing on this one.

Rob, Lets keep our fingers crossed. It sure would be nice if they made it to Omaha again this year and came back with the title. I know they have the talent, its just a matter of making it happen.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!
Bobby