PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried one of these?

Walt Nicholson
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Anyone tried one of these? http://demoairnet.com/ Looks like it might have some use as a portable unit that you could place close to your work as an addition to the DC without a lot of noise involved. 80 bucks to fit a 24" fan is not too bad if it works (assuming you already have a fan). Wouldn't replace my Jet filter hanging from the ceiling but it looks interesting. Any thoughts?

Richard Dragin
02-17-2010, 12:49 PM
5 microns isn't small enough for me and it seems like it might blow more dust around a small shop than capturing it. Set up as an exhaust fan it might have some value.

Harry Hagan
02-17-2010, 4:02 PM
Efficient dust collectors and air filtration units filter down to 1 micron.

Van Huskey
02-17-2010, 4:35 PM
5 microns isn't small enough for me and it seems like it might blow more dust around a small shop than capturing it. Set up as an exhaust fan it might have some value.

I think the key would be capturing dust that would otherwise only be handled by your filter not your DC. I would like one of those for my CSMS but don't really have room for it. For me CSMS are the worst to capture all their dust.

Lee Schierer
02-17-2010, 4:50 PM
I think it looks better than it probably functions. That type of fan doesn't create much static pressure, so I suspect that even though it would fully inflate the bag actual air flow through the bag might be minimal.

Myk Rian
02-17-2010, 5:15 PM
Did you notice the plaster dust blowing out the door?