PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!!!

Glenn Clabo
10-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Tell me I won't wake up (in a few hours btw) and find out this was a dream!
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/2004/10/27/XtpkMnbr.jpg

Ken Fitzgerald
10-28-2004, 12:46 AM
What curse? :rolleyes:

Rich Konopka
10-28-2004, 6:28 AM
Congratulations to all you Die Hard Bosox Fans !!!!

Keith Starosta
10-28-2004, 7:52 AM
That was by FAR the greatest postseason performance in the history of baseball. Schilling, Martinez, and Lowe......not ONE earned run between them. That just doesn't happen, folks. This was a team of destiny, a team that was due and deserved to win. I normally don't offer up congratulations to the FANS of a particular team when that team wins a championship, because let's face it...the fan had nothing to do with the win. HOWEVER!!!! In this case, with all of the heartbreak the fans of the Red Sox have gone through...I say congratulations to Sox and their fans!!!

Keith

John Miliunas
10-28-2004, 8:10 AM
Agreed Keith! My hat's off to the Red Sox and all of their fans! :) :cool:

larry merlau
10-28-2004, 11:19 AM
i too agree with keith, i amnot a baseball fan at all but i did look to see how they were doing and even watched part of it last night. the whole enchalta fans and team deserve all the congrats they can carry. the underdog can win sometimes and show the big boys whos boss!!!!! :D and in style tooo!!!

Lee Schierer
10-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I would guess that the Massachusetts legislature would declare today a state holiday.

About time they won.

Jerry Olexa
10-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Agree w all your sentiments and thank you. Its been a long, frustrating road (as a RedSox fan)to get to here but worth it! It was an AMAZING string of EIGHT straight Wins, No ERuns, great hitting, a few errors here and therem great attitude and TEAM play. I'm v proud of them and it was a LONG wait!! I'm mentally exhausted but pleasantly delirious. In other words, Im very HAPPY! Thanks to everyone!!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-28-2004, 1:03 PM
Jerry....I knew which "curse" you were talking about....I meant it "tongue in cheek"! My wife and youngest son are rabid baseball fans. My wife has a goal of watching a game in all of the MLB parks. We periodically add to her "collection". I'm not a rabid baseball fan but I go with her....my goal is to drink a beer in each of the MLB parks...but just one as I'm stuck doing the city driving. We were actually cheering for the Red Sox as it was time ....my FIL is 85 and a rabid White Sox fan....the only team I'd like to see in and win the WS more than the RS was the WS but just so my FIL could witness the event...he's 85.....I'm glad the Red Sox won and in such great style! It'll be interesting to see how many free agent players return next year?

Jerry Olexa
10-28-2004, 3:20 PM
Ken I'll buy you a beer next time we meet. To celebrate this or perhaps, the latest tool...Excuse my naivete..I was too dumb to see your humour of the curse..and thats why I'll buy the beer...:)