PDA

View Full Version : More Travel Mugs

Greg Just
02-16-2010, 9:06 PM
Here are the latest travel mugs I finished over the weekend. The first 2 are mahogany (not my favorites), next are cherry and the last one is a recovered mug that blew up on me last week. I had turned the bottom off of it and so I glued a new piece of walnut on it.

Today I sold 5 of the mugs at work with someone interested in another. I have got to get busy making some more! :D

John Keeton
02-16-2010, 9:36 PM
Greg, that "saved" mug actually turned out looking better than it would have otherwise looked IMO!! Must have been destiny!

I agree on the mahogany. The very qualities that make it a perfect wood for flatwork (consistent and normally clear grain) cause it to be rather mundane for turning.

The cherry, on the other hand, turned out very nice!! Very warm look to them. Good work!

Eric Kosanovich
02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Yet another design opportunity.
Vary nicely recoverd as well.

Steve Schlumpf
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Greg - Congrats on your sales!

Very nice work on all the mugs! Really like the Cherry - just one of my favorite woods! I like the detail lines - they just add a little something extra! Great save on the last mug! It was too nice to toss!

Roland Martin
02-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice save, looks great. The cherry mugs are very nice, I have to say the mahogany mugs are not my favorite either. Nice work.

David E Keller
02-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice looking mugs, and congrats on the sales. I'd have to say the "save" is my favorite of the bunch.

Bernie Weishapl
02-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Congrats on the sale of some nice looking mug. Great save on the last one.